Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your worst contipating foods? I'm curious because I'm currently trying to eliminate specific foods to prevent constipation, but I only know of one:cheeseThanks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Eliminating foods is not the best way to go for constipation. There are no constipating foods, only constipating diets. Besides, with all the different foods we wat each day and the totally unpredicatable and variable time it takes to go through the colon, how do you know "that" food is the culprit?I guess I'm kind of like Flux on this issue. Foods by themselves do not CAUSE constipation. Constipation occurs gradually from constipating lifestyles (lack of fiber, water or exercise) or as the colon muscles slow down (as some medications and IBS in general can do). Unlike diarrhea, you can't just "get" it right away as a result of one thing!Of course, if you eat a very large quantity of a low-fiber food or high-fiber food without adequate water, a person may develop constipation from the large volume of "waste."Instead of eliminating things, try adding some new things.

·
Registered
152 Posts
deirpg, you may wanna check out the constipation tips site that's in my signature. It has some helpful tips, including a comparative post of someone else's experiences (which jived with mine).

·
Registered
846 Posts
Too much pizza, peanut butter crackers ("orange crackers") peanut butter on white bread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.