Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have IBS symptoms of occasional constipation and dihearrea for the last few years. Earlier this year I had a problem with constipation, I would only to to the toilet once every two or three days. A month ago I started taking bran cereal and everything changed, I became regular again and everything was perfect. I had strong and well formed stools and I was going to the toilet every day. In the last week things started to change, I first started to have diarrehea symptoms (soft stools that glide or seem to slip out of me) and in the last three days I have had these soft and broken stools every day once a day. Should I keep off the bran?I have also noticed that when I eat out regularly I have no problems at all, all my problems seem to be with home cooked meals. NOTE- I should add that in the last few weeks I have been mega stressed. My girlfriend is all but set to dump me for an arrange marriage set up by her parents with a richer guy than me. The whole thing has made me feel down, rejected and has hit my self esteem.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Continue eating the bran.And not just bran, eat vegetables.Eating vegetables is critical to health.The constipation it seems was causedby a lack of fiber, which is the casefor most people. (Not people on this board.)Your diarrhea has only been for a few daysand is not a concern yet. It could be due to thestress from being dumped.Arranged marriages are ridiculous. It's her problem,not yours. You'll meet someone else. In the meantime, eatyour bran and vegetables. But remember cows milkmay cause you problems if you develop lactose intolerance.So experiment with soy, almond, rice, hemp milk.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Its all stress related and its just passing through. Come to terms with whats happening and you'll be ok.The change in your "dumping" habits might suggest that you dump her before she dumps you.Jackmat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.