Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody.MY NATUROPATHE WANTS ME TO TAKE VITAMINE C FOR MY C. I HAVE TO TAKE 1200 MG 4 TIMES A DAY. IT'S A VERY BIG DOSE!! I'M A BIT NERVOUS ABOUT IT
...........DID ANYONE EVER TRIED THAT?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dany,I take vitmin C. I've been averaging about 5 grams daily of it for the last 6 months. I take it with magnesium oxide, calcium/magnesium citrate, B6, and 5 glasses of water per day. Works good for me.

·
Registered
808 Posts
a long time ago I was told to take vit C for the C. As I remembefr it helped a bit but I do remember it turning my stomache sour- like acid reflux- so just watch out for that at that high a dose- it may not affect you as I just seeem to be prone to that. best wishes to you . I hope it works for you-let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Possibly that is why it has been recommended to you.. and excess of it causes diarrhea.. so perhaps the rational behind it is to get things moving.. You can't overdose on it...in other words your body doesn't store it up... it is a water soluable vitamin... so the excess is taken from your body in your urine..Too much can cause indigestion and nausea... and because is it acidic... if you are prone to GERD or REFLUX, or ulcers... this may not be good to take in such high doses...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.