Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is anything I can take for bloating? I seem to have the C under control now but I have bloating going on again around my stomach. I work out way to much for this spare innertube look!
Any suggestions? I am never gassy, I just feel like someone needs to pop me once in a while. Are only D-people gassy or can C people be gassy too?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Gassiness is independant of stool consistancy issues. Generally I find I'm gassier the slower the stuff moves through the GI tract.Bloating that is not gas sometimes responds to digestive enzymes and hypnosis has been shown to help as well.K.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You mentioned having the C under control... I was just wondering what you did to achieve such success.... I have a lot of C and bloating problems, I found levbid totally relaxes my stomach and reduces bloating, gas... its an antispasmadic

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sarah, Magnesium has made a huge difference in my Chronic constipation. I started out taking 500 mg every night now I am able to take 250 every other night and I'm able to go each day or every other day. I don't have that have to go feeling anymore. I also excercise 3x a week and drink lots of fluids.Kmottus.. What is a digestive enzymes?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use a product called Experience for C and have been having success with it for about three years now, even with the bloating. Digestive enzymes are usually a natural product that helps to break down food and stuff to help you digest better to not have gas.If anyone wants info on the Experience product, just email me and I will tell you how to get it. Jo

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Digestive enzymes are proteins that break down food so it can be absorbed by the body.I don't know how they work, but in clinical trials Creon (a prescription I believe) digestive enzymes relieved bloating.I use Enzyme Digestant from GNC and it helps alot with the post-eating bloat that makes me feel like I ate the whole buffet table not my one little plate of food.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts