Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again to all of you...thanks so much for all of you who gave me advice on constipation cures! Unfortunately, I did not get to use any of them, because fortunately, overnight from Sunday into Monday...everything started moving...and hasn't stopped since!! I went from the 3 weeks of major constipation...to now constant major diarrhea for the past 3 days!! I'm having really bad gas and cramp pains and the constant diarrhea. Also, I'm having problems immediately after I eat anything, where within minutes, I get the major cramps and have to use the bathroom...this is all very new to me, as in the past, I never had the cramps and diarrhea consistantly after eating. I'm at the point tonight where I don't want to eat anymore...can't stand the feeling!!I know this sounds like a good case of IBS...I just feel so frustrated...my major pain I had for the past 5 mos. is much better now, after the lapo and the adhesions were removed, however now I'm having all these "eliminating and eating" problems which I've never experienced before. I'm feeling really frustrated at the moment because I know I have to go back to the docs soon and update him post-op about how the pain is and any other symptoms I'm having. I just don't want to go back to playing the prescription drug guessing game...trying to figure out which meds will help me...can anyone else relate to this and these symptoms? If so, what do you take or do to help it? Thanks for the info and ear! Just feeling bummed out with all of this...seems like it's just one thing after another...I was really hoping the adhesion thing and the surgery would stop everything! Thanks again guys! I do feel a little better, venting this out! : ) HAK

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Why don't you give the Caltrate a try. Just start taking a regular dose and hopefully this will get things under control. It contains a bit of magnesium which could be helpful for the constipation and the other minerals along with the calcium carbonate may just keep you regular.Linda

·
Registered
279 Posts
My guess is that your doc will recommend some type of fiber therapy, since you seem to be alternating between C and D. The mistake most people make in trying fiber is starting out with the amount recommended on the jar or bottle. If you start out with tiny bits of fiber and gradually increase it with lots of water, this may help. It's a slow process, so you have to stay with it for a few weeks before things straighten out. The idea of fiber therapy is that you're providing bulk for your intestines' which stimulates regular elimination. The fiber/water combination also gives a formed stool that shouldn't be diarrhea. This does require patience, though. Good luck!kate

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the advice! : ) I have done the fiber stuff before and it did help with the diarrhea, so the past 2 days I've been starting to take it again! Hoping it will help! I will also look into the Caltrate thing! I've read lots of responses to it and it sure seems to have helped many...and besides, we can all use some extra calcium...I know I could. Thanks again...I'll keep you all informed!HAK : )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.