Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allI am fighting a UTI and sufffering from IBS with constipation is adding to my troubles.I am doing my best to push the liquids, but haven't had a bowel movement in a few days and believe that most of what I drink is being absorbed by my stool.The doctor has given me Cipro, but if I can't pass much urine it won't get rid of the infection.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I use hot bottle of water everyday for coping with trapped gas and C.Put it in your cecum and push against a conter or a wall.I usually release gas immediatly and even evacuate sometimes.Other stuff to go include:dulcolax and Colchicine(see the C forum).Welcome here

·
Registered
234 Posts
Keep in mind that your stool isn't going to absorb all the water that comes into your body. Unless you're drinking just enough or are dehydrated--and even then, other parts of your body will absorb what it needs, too. Large amounts of water aren't really going to drastically improve the hydration of your stool, I've read this in many studies. The balance of the water will be peed out.Of course, if you have a UTI, it can be hard to pass urine. That's a symptom of the infection. Also, active painful hemmhoroids can also cause problems releasing urine. Not sure what the actual dysfunction is called, but my gastro told me this is common. Anyway, if you're treating the UTI, eventually this discomfort will pass.That said, I have overactive bladder and my IBS seems to impact how often I pee. Even if I'm not feeling constipated, I may still have painful spasms and need to pee 4 times in 3 hours. There's no pain, just pee pee pee.
Dana

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.