Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk what to do , I've tried fiber, water herbs, laxatives magnesium.

Nothing will help. I have severe trapped gas and bloat from constipation so i am always full and barely eat.
sad.png

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
so sorry your constipation is so bad.

hopefully you have a good gastroenterologist who can help you deal with this. there are a number of effective constipation meds available now, like prucalopride, linaclotide (constella) etc. a lot of people here on the board have had good luck with the laxative Dr Schultz intestinal formula #1. it's definitely worth a try.

also you might want to have some testing done to see exactly what is causing your constipation. the sitz marker test will dx colonic inertia. a defecography will dx pelvic floor dysfunction and an anal manometry is another test to dx pfd and well as other problems.

you might want to take a look at this thread. it has a lot of tips and ideas for dealing with chronic constipation:

https://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/152106-the-great-list-of-remedies/

good luck. hope you can find some relief. take care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If still a problem consider using a colema board with very warm water, about 105F. Run as much as 10 gallons or whatever it takes then look at my post of how I manage C for my other suggestions under The Great List of Remedies!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

Nothing will help. I have severe trapped gas and bloat from constipation so i am always full and barely eat.
sad.png
Hi deadforever -

Try eating a diet of mostly meat for the next few weeks... as little fiber as possible. Also go to herbdoc.com and get yourself a bottle of Dr. Schulze's Intestinal Formula # 1, either regular strength or max strength. Take it in the middle of your main meal of the day. That should help a lot.

-I've been taking I.F. # 1 daily for the last several years. Works quite well.

As always, good luck & keep us posted!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cape aloe is the laxative I find most effective (full disclosure, some websites say it is toxic and dangerous, but I've taken it long term). I would also try an enema if you haven't yet. I also recommend seeing your dr if you can't find something OTC that helps, trying a prescription like Linzess may help. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts

sad.png
Try alka seltzer that may help you to release gas. Also, acupressure for constipation and colon massage (you can find that on youtube: see motivationaldoc Dr. Mandrell). Fiber can make constipation worse in some people. I know that because it has happened to me. So, don't try to bulk your stool. You may want to try a fleet enema or a glycerin suppository, but if you can't pass gas don't try that. Seek medical help because you may have a bowel obstruction. Once you get relief, try some berry juice, high pulp orange juice, small amount of prune juice (no more than 4 ounces) drink plenty of water, and find some exercises that can help expel gases. You can try holistic Alumina and/or Dr. Christopher Slippery Elm Bark. You can find these at Amazon. Hope you feel better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts