Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 47, active and in good health. Problem is I would like to take probiotics in pill or yogurt. However, I become constipated. Why is this happening?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This has happened to me too and I don't know why. I started making my own raw goat's milk Kefir (a probotic) with very good results. If you go to realmilk.com you can find sources of raw milk in your area.

·
Community Manager
13,177 Posts
yes, I was wondering about probiotics too, especially after reading lots about it on the boards here and on the internet. seems to either do nothing for me (activa), make me gassy and bloated (acidophilus) or make me more c than ever (digestive advantage) In a desperate moment I even ordered some align and it arrived today but now I'm afraid to take it--don't want to make things worse. my problem is incomplete evacuation (drives me crazy) which I think is caused by spasms so I'm not sure how probiotics would help that?? seems to me probiotics would help the d people more than us c's. but what do i know...guess it must depend on what your problem is and how your body responds? everybody's different..

·
Registered
5 Posts
My boyfriend was having constant constipation for more than 1 year, and once, he had to get admitted to the hospital because he failed to poo for more than 4 days.. it was really ****! Then his doctor prescribed him SENOKOT, as you can read about it in this url: http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3339-s-SENOKOT.aspx and after that he started to feel better because the medication is a laxative helping patients with constipation itself. Well, hope this helps you, take care, and get better the soonest!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
mucker, you mean the dr. gave him senocot for long term use??????? thats a stimulant lax and not safe to do that or do you mean he just gave it to him to get him going????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts