Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to know who out there might have gotten rid of their diarrhea or may have it under control. I have been fighting IBS D for about 5yrs now and made only slight progress. This is really a terrible irregularity and I know that going in public is really nerve wrecking. Most of my story is in mom of 2's forum which is: http://ibsgroup.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/72310261/m/482106751If anyone wants to email stories or contact me please feel free at: phillipeng25###yahoo.comI would appreciate any notifications...Phil

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Eliminated it for over 5 years. (There are residual reminders that I am not cured; but they are of no concern.)http://ibsgroup.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/76110261/m/42310453That tells my story. There is another entry in the thread from someone who has seen her pain completely gone for some years and a brief reference to the Australian study that points to why this may be effective for a range of brain based syndromes.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for responding overitnow.
Its good to hear that you are able to put it almost behind you. I am interested in this Provex CV. I tried to enter the website but it wont let my browser in. Anyways how much will it cost by a bottle and are there any places like GNC that might sell it?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
It is only sold through the manufacturer to their members. I can get a bottle to you if you want to try it. The cost is about $38 delivered. I am out of town until Wed. E-mail me and I will respond further.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

·
Registered
482 Posts
make sure you are tested for food interlorances as IBS is a symptom of them too
keep and food and drink diary this is a beginners must good luck with solving also try aloe vera gel/juice, cocconut, slippery elm not all at the same time but one may help you

·
Registered
441 Posts
kate-it's hard to say someone is taking more than they need to...it's kind of a trial and error thing..if you want relief, and one dose doesn't do it, AND you need to get on with your life that day...someone may need 2 or more doses.The reality is for most of us-with predominate D that controls our lives-most anything we try to stop it, will lead to a more "blocked up" situation so to speak.It's a tough balance for sure...but I think if we took a poll here, we'd find most people that use imodium, bentyl, lomotil, etc. will have a time when they are blocked up. For me in the past, it was a trade off, just for relief.I recently found better balance using fiber..but I still take an imodium when I think I might need it. The fiber helps keep me more regular, even with the imodium.Jeanne

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reponses guys. I have taken slippery elm, acidophilus, enzymes in a pill, and have done the coconut thing. It seems these practices dont have much of an effect. What i find that does work is immodium and Charco-Caps but they are just quick fixes. i've learned about the calcium caltrate which is supposed to help a great deal. I've taken regular calcium before but it didnt help either. I think i will try the caltrate 600 to see what it does. overitnow im still interested in provex CX i will get back with you on that
thanx again to all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts