Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
They could trigger IBS yes, but more likely to give you d then c. They could cause pain and spasming though. Any food can be a trigger also and there are a lot of different things that can trigger the colon in IBS including the weather.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
They could trigger IBS yes, but more likely to give you d then c. They could cause pain and spasming though. Any food can be a trigger also and there are a lot of different things that can trigger the colon in IBS including the weather.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Have white flour as opposed to whole wheat flour and it is sure to give me C. That is what cookies are generally made of-white flour

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Have white flour as opposed to whole wheat flour and it is sure to give me C. That is what cookies are generally made of-white flour

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Some cookies make me D, some make me C. Unfortunately my favorite food in the world is a good old fashioned oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! DOH!
I think the more sugary cookies make me tend towards a D bout while the more flour-y cookies tend to block me up and then make me explode a few days later. Sometimes I can eat two or three and nothing bad happens. Sometimes all that happens is a minor bout of gastritis or a tummy ache for a while. I just NEVER know with the IBS!
Needless to say I tend to stay away from cookies now. Ok, so sometimes I do give in to those darned chocolate chips but I end up paying for it most of the time!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Some cookies make me D, some make me C. Unfortunately my favorite food in the world is a good old fashioned oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! DOH!
I think the more sugary cookies make me tend towards a D bout while the more flour-y cookies tend to block me up and then make me explode a few days later. Sometimes I can eat two or three and nothing bad happens. Sometimes all that happens is a minor bout of gastritis or a tummy ache for a while. I just NEVER know with the IBS!
Needless to say I tend to stay away from cookies now. Ok, so sometimes I do give in to those darned chocolate chips but I end up paying for it most of the time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts