Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any suggestions for cost efficient drugs for ibs-d with some depression? I don't have insurance and can't afford much,I'm currently unemployed. I've never been on anything before but recently my ibs has worsened and i'm sick of being sick all the time. Any suggestions would help, thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You might look at either the tricyclics which are mostly generic or one of the older SSRI's like prozac that comes in a generic.Desipramine was one that was used in the clinical trial I was in to compare a non-drug treatment against a drug treatment that worked well.Amitriptyline is another in this class.For depression you may need a higher dose of these than for IBS, but it may be that enough for the IBS would be enough.From my pharmacy on-line pricing 60 EA 180 EA AMITRIPTYLINE 75MG TABLETS $14.99 $35.89 Which is the low end of the depression range, but more than enough for most IBS and they may ramp you up a bit at a time to find the dose you need. 100 EA 300 EA DESIPRAMINE 75MG TABLETS $49.99 $146.89 Generic prozac 30 EA 90 EA FLUOXETINE 20MG TABLETS $24.99 $58.19 HTHK.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have used a flavonoid supplement for many years, now with about 150% relief--it has helped with some other circulatory problems, as well. The cost for a 2 month supply delivered is about $55 Canadian, GST included.I did not have depression, other than that which came from 10 years of daily D.You can e-mail or private message me if you are interested.Cheers.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Any legit pharmacy is going to need a real prescription from your doctor. I would avoid any of the ones that say they don't need it. All too often they sell expired drugs.Usually people from the US shop on-line pharacies in Canada because things are cheaper there. I'd shop the prescription around your local places first before going on-line.K.

·
Banned
202 Posts
I have been taking Celexa for about 2 years now. I take 20mg per night.The 40mg pills are cheaper for some reason. I just cut them in half and save a bundle.Maybe you could ask your doctor to do the same with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.