Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get costo (pain in the bone and soft tissues) around the diaphram area. It feels like my tummy is on fire and very sore in the diaphram area. The other night I woke up with very bad gas pains too. I thought this is from my fibromyalgia but the doc says that a flare from IBS can bring it on too. Anyone else???Tania

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This sounds exactly like how I felt when I was at my worst. It turns out I had H. Pylori and a duodenal ulcer. Have you had an endoscopy? I had many misdiagnoses. One doctor put me on an anti-inflammatory because he thought it was muscular. When I was in even worse pain after that, he should have been clued in about an ulcer.I finally found a decent GI who did the proper tests and I have been treated and feel good!Stacey

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This sounds exactly like how I felt when I was at my worst. It turns out I had H. Pylori and a duodenal ulcer. Have you had an endoscopy? I had many misdiagnoses. One doctor put me on an anti-inflammatory because he thought it was muscular. When I was in even worse pain after that, he should have been clued in about an ulcer.I finally found a decent GI who did the proper tests and I have been treated and feel good!Stacey

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. It feels like someone is stabbing me. My doctor said that that happens sometimes when the intestines get backed up and stuff gets pushed back into the stomach, or it puts pressure on the stomach. I know the only thing that really helps me is a heating pad and occasionally some milk. Good luck! ~Lisa~

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. It feels like someone is stabbing me. My doctor said that that happens sometimes when the intestines get backed up and stuff gets pushed back into the stomach, or it puts pressure on the stomach. I know the only thing that really helps me is a heating pad and occasionally some milk. Good luck! ~Lisa~

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's wierd is that I get spells of this costo just like spells when my IBS flares up. I take Prevacid for my acid reflux. I had several blood tests for Hpylori that were negative. These spells come and go--just don't understand them.Tania

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's wierd is that I get spells of this costo just like spells when my IBS flares up. I take Prevacid for my acid reflux. I had several blood tests for Hpylori that were negative. These spells come and go--just don't understand them.Tania

·
Registered
562 Posts
vickilou, I have been taking aciphex which so far is working great. I havent had any problems with my stomach or the acid reflux since ive been on it. I think it may be a fairly new medecine. You should ask your doc about it. Ive been on it about 4 weeks now. Its supposed to be good for acid reflux and ulcers too I believe.

·
Registered
562 Posts
vickilou, I have been taking aciphex which so far is working great. I havent had any problems with my stomach or the acid reflux since ive been on it. I think it may be a fairly new medecine. You should ask your doc about it. Ive been on it about 4 weeks now. Its supposed to be good for acid reflux and ulcers too I believe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.