Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday, I purchased NO explode.This is a supplement designed to give energy, it also contains creatine.Since I took this on Monday, I have felt a higher than average level of bloating.Now, I did have steak on Monday, which I think hurt me.That said, today I was feeling better, then I had some NO Expolode.I instantly felt a big increase in bloating, and I have been c since Monday.I was told on Monday by the doctor my bloating is not food related.Nonetheless, I wanted to know, this drink has a large amount of caffeine, might this cause bloating and c by chance? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don't know for sure but I'd say it's more likely to be the creotine than the caffiene (not that the caffiene is good!). What about a herbal supplement like gurana which will give you energy without all the other junk they put in stuff?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Caffeine makes most people go to the bathroom.It stimulates intestinal secretions.So in theory if there was trapped gas ect., it might actually help relieve bloating for some, if the bloating was caused by trapped gases.But we know not all bloating is caused by gas.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Volatile,Why are you asking us, when you have your own personal experience to guide you? You told us that you ate a steak sandwich and had great bloating. Well, that is a clue for you! Try it again and see if it happens again. If it does,then I would stop having steak sandwiches.Same goes with coffee. THere isn't a human being on the planet who NEEDS coffee. If it causes bloating when you drink it, then don't drink it. Trust YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. The doctor may have told you that diet had no effect because YOU told him that! You claimed in several earlier posts that it didn't seem to matter what you eat, so the doctor probably took you at your word. But when you then (in circular logic) took him at his word (which depended on YOUR word) and ate some bogus food/drink, the bloating got worse. Use the scientific method. Obviously, for you there indeed are foods and drinks that make your problem worse. Trust the signals of your own body if there is an obvious cause and effect from eating something. You don't need to ask anyone here to validate your own experience. Even if everyone says "No, coffee never makes me bloat", so what? If it makes you bloat, then that is your truth.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Definitely agree with Healthwise.Bloating for you might not disappear over night, and it might take you making special efforts avoiding things that you know cause more intense bloating. If you think caffeine causing you bloating.. don't drink it. simple. If you drink it and you get bloated, it's your fault.My experiences might be different than yours. I can handle mountain dew just fine.. others on here get bad diarrhea w/ anything carbonated or with caffeine or high fructose corn syrup. Just because they get that way, doesn't mean I'm going to stop drinking it, because it doesn't hurt me like it does them.You are trying to make things too general... and with IBS I've found that when you try to make specific things about the disorder generalized, you get no where.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.