Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been ill for 2 years, doctors have diagnosed me with IBS. But what's killing me is that I think I could have "caught" these digestive system problems from a past partner. Here's the story:

I gave oral to a partner and afterwards I heard people saying that he stunk up toilets, and had a problem with farting. this scared me because I had noticed I started having different bowel movements and nausea since contact with him. I ended the relationship but after 3 months, I was sick with d every day, foul gas and feeling weak and tired. I still have these symptoms today and following a strict diet (no dairy and low fodmap) to help a bit.

I know I was stressed out during this time in my life which may have also caused the IBS, but I can't stop myself wondering if I got some sort of contagious infection? I have gotten blood and stool tests done in the hospital twice but they came back clear - I still feel like there is more to this than "IBS". I have never been sick before and then this just happened out of the blue - my life has been hell since!

**Does anyone have ideas as to what could be wrong? Did you have a similar experience? Would it be worth my while getting a highly accurate stool test done again privately?**

I know IBS isn't contagious but what if I have something else?

Thanks for reading and I hope you can share your opinion below.

· Registered
518 Posts
contagious? No, but maybe in the mind. Make sure you fully ended the relationship with the guy. Eat more orange colored foods to help out as well. Tangelo, oranges, grapefruit, etc. Eat them after breakfast to give them a 'sniper' effect to help your spleen/pancreas.

Magnesium and vitamin c/ iron early in the day will help. Cacao, maple syrup, coffee drink. that combo gives a boost to hormones.

Above all, know that you are a winner. You Dump the old boy and get a new one as soon as possible. A great mentor once said "Respect". He also said want to get rid of your inflammation? The key is to get rid of your thoughts. The only cure is mindlessness.

Also on the subject of doctors. If you go to a doctor, they're going to find something wrong. Got a bad diagnosis? Sometimes it's just best to ignore it.

· Registered
469 Posts
Dolphin,

You may have caught something, but it wasn't IBS. Your early symptoms were nothing extraordinary (nausea, change in bowel movements, etc) and probably would have passed, but the news about your partner's personal toilet habits alarmed you, and fear set in.

That fear has now manifested itself into even worse symptoms. Unsurprisingly, your test results are clear. This should give you the confidence to pursue a different angle - an investigation into the fear driven, negative thoughts in your head.

I had issues with my stomach for ages, but healing came very quickly once I began addressing my thoughts. The condition I believe you have is TMS (Tension Myositis Syndrome) and I invite you to jump onto that forum for advice. http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

I wish you luck and also suggest you watch this 13 minute video to get an appreciation of how our thoughts affect our bodies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.