Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story so far........For more years than I can remember I have had symptoms such as.......occassional bloating feeling, diarrhoea, numerous trips to the toilet every day, abdominal discomfort, mucus(lots of) and sometimes bleeding etc etc etc..However, I had a colonoscopy a year ago and the result was...well nothing. The doctor said that its just one of those things some people get for no reason and gave me some suppositories (predsol) which made no difference anyway and I haven't been back to see any doctor about this since, it hardly seemed worth my time quite honestly.Its so bad at times that I can be hours late for work as I may for example leave home and have to run back inside for the toilet before Ive even got out of the front door- and then have to make detours on my way to get to a toilet.where do i go from here????I'm at a total loss.......I don't know if this relevent but I'm a male aged 43 and have had this problem for so long that I haven't a clue when it all began.help!!!Thanks in adfvance

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi,You are one of many of us with these symptoms. Please read around the bulletin board and see if something might help you. The only symptom you mentioned that made me wonder was the bleeding. Does your doctor know about that?I understand why you don't want to go back to your doctor, I won't go either. What I did try was Ibsacol and it has made life so much better. I still have days where I struggle, but not like before and I'm still working on it to get everything stabilized. Like you, I was in and out of the bathroom constantly - especially worried about it while in the car! I worry much less now. In fact Sundays are the only days I worry much (I'm director of music at church). Check out the Ibsacol website and see if it might be something you could try.This website has helped me a lot and it will you too. Just read as many as you feel are helpful to you and ask a bunch of questions. A lot of people here are very knowledgable and will help. We're all going through the same thing.Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for that Gret; The doctor did know about the bleeding; also, just went to the ibsacol site and placed an order- can't wait for it to arrive already (anything for some relief)!!i'll put a post here and let everyone know how it goes, good or bad. thanks again,Rik

·
Registered
505 Posts
Rik,I hope the Ibsacol works wonders for you as it has for me and for many others. Did you check out Ibsacol on this bulletin board? Lots to read.Good luck. And please do keep us posted! And remember, if you have any questions - Ibsacol is very good at answering emails or ask here. There are lots of people here who use it and can answer questions too.Here's wishing you the best~gret

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.