Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I recently became unemployed and after lots of gaming for a month or so, i got constipated, then I thought I saw some blood in my stools , but to be honest I dont think that time it was blood because I could barely see it and I think it was solid.But since then ive been worrying about cancer and everything under the sun , ive had some bouts of constipation , and a little bit of diarrhea, but I think that was caused by me trying to get rid of the constipation, apprently pineapple juice causes me to have loose stools.I then noticed a bit of mucus in my stools , so I rushed to the doctors , he was pretty sure I had nothing to worry about.To be honest at this point I was mostly sure i hadnt seen blood in my stools, and my doctor seemed to agree.However last week I noticed blood in my stools , or atleast some redness ,now it looked kinda solid like on my stool but it was not black , just a kinda dull red, not bright , but not dark in anyway.The reason I think I might have IBS is because I feel like what ive experenced has been caused by my own anxeity and worrying, ether that or just have a case of the piles , regardless ive booked another appointment to see the doctor this monday.I feel it could be ibs because I feel like I need to go more often then I need to and ive got this sorta discomfort and sorta paranoid belief i need to have a bowel movement.I kinda feel like im just panicing because I start university next month and I just have this thought in my head that something will come in my life to ruin it , and its like this nightmare about worrying about getting diagnosed with something before I start , I just worry that something will stop my studies.perhaps its some kinda of anxeity based ibs? is that possible?I have tryed improving my diet , it has improved my bowel movements but I still feel the discomfort and the need to empty my bowels , when I cant or dont need to , I just need to share this with some people , hope my post makes some sense.Hopefully you can take some time to help me!thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've sometimes had this red stuff in my stools, but I don't think anything of it really. The mucus is pretty common. I know its frustrating not eating all these foods to only fill some improvement but not cured.Sigh.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi there. From my experience, once you start inspecting your stools you can find all kinds of thing.Most people don't realise this as they don't give their BM a second thought, but there can all be kinds of undigested stuff in there.Poop really is horrible, which is why we are all embarassed about our problems. Could it be tomato/peppers in your stool.. you say it is solid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys , i think i did have blood in my stools , gonna go to doctors to mention it again lol, i think its just because ive been constipated , i never get it when im having normal movements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.