Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i was a small child I have always been constipated for as long as 3 weeks at times. I just had a colonoscopy done 3 weeks ago and they found a tubular adenoma. I have had rectal bleeding for years but it got worse about two months ago with about a cup worth of blood. I haven't had alot of bleeding since then. My doctor looked up there and saw an ulcer about 5 inches up in my rectum but when i got the colonoscopy done three weeks ago it was gone?? Anyway, I get so bloated to the point that i look 7 months pregnant and this is a daily thing unless i take a laxitive. I only take them about every other month. I have gas but it doesn't take the bloating away at all. I can have milk products without any trouble(hardly ever eat them). I go a week easily without a BM and then i can have bouts of diarrea in between. So i am either constipated or got diarrea. My weight goes up and down about 20lbs a year. I have sore spots in my lower abdomen. Sometimes i have to put my finger in my vagina to push the stool out. Almost like i don't have the strenth to push it out. Sex at times was so painful that i couldn't even have it. Doctors have done ultasounds inside and out but never found anything. Does anyone have these same problems? What could it be??

G

·
Hi Kelli.... you poor dear.... no one here will attempt a diagnosis... but you will find friends, support and lots of helpful information here.It sounds like you might need to get in contact with a physician trained to deal with severe IBS.I can't offer you much else except for my warmest wishes for your good health.Start reading the threads that are posted on the board. Some time soon, one of the moderators will pick up your post and point you in some positive directions.Hang in there. :love: Evie

·
Registered
129 Posts
You mentioned you were either C or D -- which is what I am. So, for me, I try very hard to keep both balanced out, which can be difficult. It is less likely for me to get D if I don't get terribly constipated. So, I recently started taking Magnesium, 500 mg a day, which helps quite a bit. It adds water to the stool. You might even try Magnesium that has Calcium in it which helps with D. You might look at the Constipation board for other suggestions. There are several different approaches you could take from diet, to meds, to behavioral therapy, etc. I agree that you need to find a Gastro physician to have more testing done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.