Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've read many theories and studies about pelvic pain because I have had a very strange history with my pain before I came here, and before I was diagnosed with IBS. My onset occured about a year ago, after I had a second bowel movement on the same day, which caused extremely intense pain to radiate all throughout my entire gut, but also caused my scrotum to sag, become loose, and made by testes very sensitive. Prior to this, I was experiencing sensitivity issues with my penis, especially during/after sex. At first, I thought I was worried it was an issue related to my urinary tract, prostate, or an infection caused by an external cut I somehow got on my foreskin. So naturally, after the onset, I first sought help from urologists. I've been falsely diagnosed with kidney stones, every kind of Prostatitis, Interstitial Cystitis, you name it. I had a CAT scan with contrast done very early, which showed no sign of problems. Naturally, I began to lose faith in the doctors, and took it upon myself to try and figure out what was wrong with me, and eventually, I began to notice a link between my sexual activity and the pain I was experiencing. But it took me several more months to notice that my bowel movements were also worsening my symptoms as well, which made me understand why the doctors had complications understanding what was wrong with me. The pain used to appear up to an hour or more after a bowel movement, so at first I had little reason to suspect that there was an issue with my GI tract, but gradually it became more and more obvious because the symptoms were appearing much sooner. Eventually, it became so painful and occurred so quickly after BMs, that I requested to see a GI doctor, who immediately confirmed that I had IBS. However, little was accomplished, and I still was exasperating my symptoms from habits that one would normally think would be completely unrelated to my condition.So to sum things up, my pain was initially coming from being overly physically active, sexual arousal/activity, and sitting down for long periods.Now, it primarily comes from bowel movements, and sexual arousal/activity (to a slightly lesser extent).The type of pain I can experience and where it radiates from also can vary, and here are the different types of pain I experience...(I know it looks like a lot of information, and I apologize if its a little overwhelming, but I am hoping I can find someone that can empathize with me by being detailed as possible.)1) somewhat sharp, but weak, in a wide region on both sides of my flank (and sometimes can become slightly numb). I can clearly feel very small swollen lumps up and down my flanks, that become more obvious depending on how severe the pain is and feel very close to the surface of my skin. This type of pain is typically caused and made worse by excessive gas, bloating, and sitting down for long periods.2) dull, cramp-like pain that ranges from strong to intense, and is located on both sides of my flanks. Typically occurs after a bowel movement. Any prior and recent sexual activity makes it more severe.3) extremely sharp, intense, hard, yet isolated pain, that is not obvious unless physically aggrivated (by deep touching). Typically located more towards the center of my gut, about a couple of inches away from my belly button. Severity and occurrence is random, but can become more severe from bowel movements if constipation and straining is present when passing stool. Also is made worse by too much physical activity.4) very slight, dull, and insignificant pain, yet tender and hard, located underneath my belly slightly to the left. Presumably my colon, but feels unusually small in diameter. Typically becomes very easy to feel for if bloating and excessive gas is present, or if I am experiencing constipation. Is often relieved by passing accumulated flatulence.5) Dull, cramp-like pain, that can become very intense, and is located right above my pubic bone. Is primarily made worse by too frequent sexual activity/arousal, and sitting down for long periods. The pain/symptom build-up is very gradual and not immediate, and can sometimes occur hours after sex or even the next day.If any of this information raises and light-bulbs for anyone, please let me know if you have any thoughts or suspicions. I'd greatly appreciate any of your help and would be forever grateful if I can come a step closer to understanding what is wrong with me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.