Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mainly hypotheticalJust heard about a new drug called Tegeserod which looks like the IBS C equivilant of Lotronex.The difference may be though that Tegeserod may be accepted by the NHS where Lotronex isn't.Now I dont know if Lotronex will help, my D is getting close to as managable is can be expected but my other symptoms are not. I literally cannot find a doctor who is willing to even look into any sort of treatment, in fact as I have said before I am lucky to keep what im already on.There are apparently about 6 million people in the UK with IBS, lord only knows how many peoples lives are a missery because of it.If drugs for cancer treatments can be fought for and won in the courts whats the odds the same could be done for IBS?Is there any way at all we could speed up the research and adoption for IBS medications in the same way charitys have managed to for cancer.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good Luck. Here in the US w/ Lotronex, they took it off the market for awhile. That happened because some doctors prescribed it w/o thinking. Oh, you have IBS, here's a new drug for it. Then, some people died and they took it off the market. I was prescribed a drug that way, would have killed me if I hadn't known better. Idiot doctor. Oh, well. Talked to the pharma co and they said if you have questions about your medicine ask your doctor! Ha! I wrote a certified letter, copies to both, so when he kills someone I can sue. Just biding my time, now. Anyway, it takes a long time and lots of effort. Better if you have a movie or sports hero to help you. It's not a sexy condition that folks like to talk about.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was most likely going ott with the courts but I have looked many a time for a charity which does research into treatments and I have found none, well not true found one or two but they are really scammish and have no real research on the go.Would just like to feel as if I can take control somehow, if not in my own condition now then in the thought of it effecting tomorrows options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.