Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have explored many theories about why I have daily abdominal pain(Mostly left, used to have right) On a scale of 1-10, its usually a 2, never more than a 3.I noticed that all of this began about a month after I tore a muscle in my abdomen in Judo. I was rolling someone out of a pin and strained to bust out and felt a tear run through the left side of my abs(Near the obliques) It couldnt have been more than a week later I noticed my left side hurting when I had gas or needed to have a BM.So I began to wonder, if I had torn the bottem side of my abdominal muscles(From left side of belly button to far left flank) is it possible that when I have bowel and gas built up there, that its putting pressure on an injured muscle? Wether it be the coils from the small intestine or descending colon? Im not even sure if thats a possibilty or not, but it donned on me at the gym today when I was lifting. I noticed my side hurt, and thought it was IBS, and then barely pushed and realized it was my muscles in my obliques, which happens to be the day after a 2 hour Judo practice. Im 100% sure the pain today is muscles, but it feels soooooo similar to the pain I thought IBS was causing that it almost fooled me. Issue is, the past 2 months Ive been treating my symptoms as IBS, I havent stopped doing Judo, therefore I continue to allow the muscles to not heal. My symptoms have gotten better every week over the past 2 months, so Im not sure if its the muscles slowly healing or the IBS getting better. Wow, what a pickle!Again, dont know if thats even a possibilty, but I had an light bulb go off today that started adding all these things up. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Could be muscular. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my question more so BQ, is, is it possible that the gas and or stool inside be enough to put pressure on the muscle? I guess Im kind of confused as to how much that kind of stuff expands the colon and or small intestine. I had the issue on the right side for a few weeks, ironically the same time I had some strains on the right side as well, and now they have healed up and I have no more right side issues.But Im not sure how the organs are laid out as far as distance from the underlying part of the muscles and if it would even press enough against them to cause pain, even with a pretty bad tear in the muscles.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Visceral Hypersensitivity is an IBS symptom anyway..just so you know. Here.. some info:http://ibs.about.com/od/symptomsofib1/a/visceral.htmBut I guess sore muscles could be felt when things put pressure on them.. from the inside as opposed to the outside. I guess it could be. Things seem to be right next to each other, space is usually at a premium lol like there doesn't ever seem to be a whole lot of open real estate in there. :(And you could have some referred pain, sure. Like I said.. time will tell. If it resolves like your other side... you will know for sure! Hope it does resolve in time for you.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When I had a pulled abdominal muscle I had more pain from things like breathing it seemed than I had from how active or full my colon was at any given moment.I did find wearing a corset eased the abdominal wall muscle pain (that only hurt for a couple of weeks) where that usually makes my colon pain more uncomfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.