Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I have been experiencing a new problem. On my lower right side in the colon region (under my pelvic bone) I keep having these bouts or twinges of pain. It has also radiated to my back and it feels like I have a knot back there. I've also been experiencing it in my upper right abdomen area. The pains are sharp and kind of nagging, but they aren't "double me over" sharp. They last for a few seconds and then go away. Then a few minutes later I will have more. It seemed to get better after I had a bowel movement for a short time, but now it is back.Has anyone experienced this problem? And does anyone know how to make them stop!Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello sounds like what i have too: Proctalgia Fugax Description Proctalgia fugax is a sudden severe pain in the anus lasting several seconds or minutes and then disappearing completely. Mechanism The pathophysiology of proctalgia fugax is uncertain. Although some observations (under obviously fortuitous circumstances) suggest a rectal motility disorder, the symptom appears more likely to result from spasm of the skeletal muscle of the pelvic floor (specifically, the puborectalis). History and Physical Examination Proctalgia fugax occurs in about 14% of adults and is somewhat more common in females than males. The pain may be excruciating, but since it is so short-lived patients seldom report it to their physician. In 90% of instances it lasts less than five minutes and in many cases less than a minute. About one-third of patients suffer attacks following defecation. A small minority report attacks following sexual activity. There are no physical signs. Hope this Helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.