Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,I'm new here and am wondering if anyone can identify with my symptoms. My symptoms began 2 years ago with a feeling of tenderness in my right lower abdomen just above pubic bone. Then I began getting back pain again lower right side. I didnt have any prounounced bowel change/symptoms at this time. I saw my doctor who suspected I might have referred pain from a nerve in hip or back. The pain continued and I was also getting very bloated and feeling pressure and pain when I had a full bladder. The doctor then suspected a gynaecological cause, possible endometriosis and after numerous scans I finally had a laparoscopy in july this year. This showed no abnormalities apart from slightly congested pelvic veins. My doctor then referred me to a gastroenterologist who now seems to think this could be ibs. I'm not sure though. I do occasionally get constipated or loose stools but the pain is constant and seemingly unrelated to my bowels. It seems to be worse in the evening and after eating and i get terrible bloating. The pain is not sasmodic or colicky which is how i imagine ibs pain to be. It is difficult to describe my pain but the best way i can explain is that it feels like something deep inside my pelvis is sore and ulcerated. There is sometimes a horrible feeling of pressure and I feel like I have a full bladder even when not. sometimes it hurts to walk which makes the pressure feeling worse. It alsofeels very tender. Sometimes when I lay down and feel my stomach on that side it feels harder and lumpier than the left side, like I can feel my bowel. I am due to see my gastro again next week. I saw him 2 months ago and had some blood tests and stool tests which I believe must have been normal because I haven't heard anything. He seemed to think when I saw him before that if my tests were normal it was unlikely to be anything to worry about and prob ibs. Does anybody else have similar symptoms?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts