Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post and I was wondering if someone could help me?. I have an appointment at the hospital in 2 days to hopefully find out more about whats going on but it is driving me crazy. I have had a burning sensation in the lower right side abdomen for about six months (worsened by sitting or leaning forward) along with occasional lower back pain and pain in my right thigh (at the front) and have been getting trapped wind behind my lungs which sometimes catches my breath, I have noticed a change in bowel movements by them being more frequent (no blood but did have mucus once or twice). I am taking Colofac and Fybogel (not really doing much if anything) however I think the Colofac helped for about 2 weeks but not sure if this was just a coincidence (may have calmed down on its own for a bit).Appreciate any suggestions,Many thanks,Steve.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not sure about the gas trapped behind the lungs. Nothing in the lower GI track runs all the way up into the chest cavity that far, but GERD can cause coughing and breathing issues so there may be some upper GI problems.All descriptions of pain you can imagine (and a few you probably can't) can be part of IBS if associated with a change in bowel habit, so that part all sounds IBSy. Sometimes people have the pain spread (get referred) to legs or back so that could be from the IBS pain. But they should probably rule out lower back problems that common go down the legs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts