Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wedding is in 1 1/2 weeks, and I've got the D under control for the most part, and I'm still mostly C. I'm going to take 1 Lotronex/day starting Friday to get my body geared up for it, and I'll continue to take the single tablet of Fiber Choice. My main problem is that I still have tons of gas! I am wondering if there is any OTC stuff that will take care of gas for 12+ hours. I just feel that I need to be alone for hours at a time, and when I'm on planes and trains and even at my own wedding, I won't have that luxury. I'm too afraid to try anything new fiber wise (FiberCon gave me serious D) because I'm okay with not having any D, but it's the gas that I need to tackle now. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi AshwomanI've been on Culturelle for about l0 days now and I think that this has helped with my gas problem, providing I stay away from certain foods, such as cookies, which I just can't seem to stay away from
I have noticed though, even with the cookies that I ate last night, even though I still had gas it was considerably less than usual. Maybe you can give Culturelle a try. Also, I want to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding. I hope everything goes well!! Take care and Good Luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi and congrats. I know you are probably pulling your hair out just thinking about if you'll make it through and you will. i have tried Caltrate for about 6 weeks and it does help. but I still take immodium in morning and at dinner. Take caltrate 3 times a day with your meals (it doesn't matter before, during or after). Watch what you eat and staying away from any caffeine is a good idea too. You'll probably lose weight if you stick to a bland diet but for your wedding day it wil be worth it. Good Luck, Jane

G

·
I find that taking two simethicone tablets are a great way of relieving gas and keeping it from occuring. But IBS is caused by stress and gives us gas so the best thing is to get you MD to give you a light antispasmotic and or something to relieve your anxiety prior and during your big event. Best of Luc and Congratulations.PS BE SURE to avoid ALL carbonated beverages. Water is the only way and also not too cold or that can cause problems as well.

G

·
I got married last September. A hurricane hit the day before the wedding and we weren't sure there was going to be one at all. It turned out to be fairly mild and the wedding went off without a hitch. I was so busy thinking about the hurricane and then about the wedding that I didn't have time to think about my butt
Hope all goes well for you.Jani

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help, everyone. I would try macaroon cookies if I could stomach the taste of coconut, but that in triggers my gag reflexes. I have rescheduled my GI appointment to the day before the wedding. I'm sure he'll be able to help me during the height of my stress, and I find that comforting. I've been sitting on a filled bottle of Lotronex for a while. I do plan to start on that this weekend to help alleviate any discomfort or potential D I'll experience during my bachelorette party this weekend. I'll continue to take it in small doses throughout the course of next week and on the honeymoon. I've heard that it can really constipate you, so I'll continue on my fiber supplements to keep things moving along. Even though Spain may be full of trigger foods, I'm going to enjoy myself to the fullest because most of my problem exists in my mind and not necessarily in the foods I eat. I hope that my IBS goes away for a bit while I'm on vacation!

G

·
Ash,Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I hope you are IBS free for it and for your honeymoon!
What's this about macaroon cookies though? Are you talking about regular old macaroon cookies or are these special ones? Are they for D or C? I love macaroon cookies and would be thrilled if I could justify eating them!
Fiona

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.