Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. im a 17 year old male who suffers ibs-c daily. just for the fact im not gay (various articles show more males with ibs gay than not). but anyway, ive suffered since i was 15. i have been able to reduce my symptoms to the point where sometimes i do not have symptoms (at work last night, problem free entire night)i just wanted to take the time to suggest a couple of medicines. the first one is DA-IBS. http://www.rofay.com i recommend swallowing instead of chewing to guarentee the stuff gets to your stomach.the second one i havent tried yet, but i thought i would post anyways. ../shop/suplmts/acacia.asp supposedly a fiber supplement (works different than medamucil).read up on these...i know da-ibs has made a serious result on my life and it takes effect almost immediaetly (cheap too)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hi dc,I have also been helped enormously by taking the probiotics Digestive Advantage-IBS. Am really grateful to be able to eat all (whole) foods again! Still can't handle additives, but that's OK with me!Good to hear again that DA-IBS also helps those with constipation.But I also have great success, as in must take, Metamucil Original. Because I'm "D", I have to high dose it--2 T with water ev am & ev pm before dinner. Have never tried the Acacia fiber. I'm surrounded by the nasty acacia trees here on Nevis--maybe I should see how they mfr it??It's my goal to get off the metamucil. But in the meantime, I'm very grateful for it as well!You mentioned the O2 factor in IBS( & aquagen). It's interesting, because if you don't hold your breath under stress, keep breathing slowly and efficiently, keeping the O2 circulating, this helps with stress & helps counteract the IBS reaction to stress. It seems this would be better than the O2 pills?(just so you know, I've never automatically assumed that any male with IBS is gay...But it wouldn't make me think differently about them if I knew they were!)Thanks for bringing up what's helped you.Talissa

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hi dc,I have also been helped enormously by taking the probiotics Digestive Advantage-IBS. Am really grateful to be able to eat all (whole) foods again! Still can't handle additives, but that's OK with me!Good to hear again that DA-IBS also helps those with constipation.But I also have great success, as in must take, Metamucil Original. Because I'm "D", I have to high dose it--2 T with water ev am & ev pm before dinner. Have never tried the Acacia fiber. I'm surrounded by the nasty acacia trees here on Nevis--maybe I should see how they mfr it??It's my goal to get off the metamucil. But in the meantime, I'm very grateful for it as well!You mentioned the O2 factor in IBS( & aquagen). It's interesting, because if you don't hold your breath under stress, keep breathing slowly and efficiently, keeping the O2 circulating, this helps with stress & helps counteract the IBS reaction to stress. It seems this would be better than the O2 pills?(just so you know, I've never automatically assumed that any male with IBS is gay...But it wouldn't make me think differently about them if I knew they were!)Thanks for bringing up what's helped you.Talissa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.