Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I'm suffering with IBS 2 years now but things getting worse. When i have and important meeting or have to go to somewhere, i'm having terrible cramps. And i have to go 3-4 times to the toilet but the cramps stay for about 4-5hours. Is their some medication for the cramps i live in Belgium. Does Spasmonal or Bentyl helps for this? Its making my life very bad always those cramps. I'm starting soon with an own company and i'm hoping their is something to control the cramps.CheersKris

·
Registered
510 Posts
Viper,I have similar problems. When I have to be in front of a group (I direct choirs), I get cramps, etc. What I'm going to try now is hypnotherapy CDs. I know it may sound strange, but I've got to get this under control and it's worked for many people. Check out the Cognitive Behavior part of this site! "Mike's tapes" seem to work for many!Good luck! Let us know how you are doing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try the hypnotherapy CDs also but does someone know a medicine also to control the cramps? It makes life so worse, i'm now trying a good diet but i still have those awfull cramps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Kris:Sorry for the cramps. I used to have bad cramps too when I got my IBS-D over 4 years ago. I take several meds to control my condition, but the one I take for cramping is Bentyl. I highly recommend Bentyl to relieve your cramping. It has made a world of difference for me. I take two 20mg pills a day, but according to my doctor, you can take up to 4 with no problem. Only your doctor and you will know the correct dosage for you. I also take Lomotil for D and many supplements that help as well.If you haven't tried Calcium, you might want to check into that as well. Calcium has made my condition almost 100% GONE. There are many postings here on the benefits of calcium. Check with LNAPE and she can lead you in the right direction. Good Luck!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.