Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered long ago that caffeine is a no-no for my IBS. I occasionally have a little, but for the most part, I steer clear of the the stuff.I had been drinking an herbal tea blend that worked well for me and tasted grrrreat, but the company has recently discontinued it. It was a cranberry flavor, so I'm after a cranberry tea to replace it.I'm finding that most include hibiscus which can have a laxative effect--something I DON'T want. Anyway, one of my alternates calls itself a de-caf crannberry/black tea blend. I guess this is like de-caf coffee because I thought black tea had caffeine no matter what. How do they do it? Should I be concerned?

G

·
Hi SteveE..haven't seen you for a while...sorry they did away with your cranberry tea..I will look at our healthfood store to see if anything there. What is objectionable for your symptoms to look for in the ingredients?How are you otherwise?I am still "D'-- thinking about cutting out wheat and other gluten...I am so weak, I know why I am ill.... I wish I could bring myself to do what I think might help...I really don't understand why I don't have the strength. Such a procrastinator??Be Well/ Barbara

G

·
Hi SteveE..haven't seen you for a while...sorry they did away with your cranberry tea..I will look at our healthfood store to see if anything there. What is objectionable for your symptoms to look for in the ingredients?How are you otherwise?I am still "D'-- thinking about cutting out wheat and other gluten...I am so weak, I know why I am ill.... I wish I could bring myself to do what I think might help...I really don't understand why I don't have the strength. Such a procrastinator??Be Well/ Barbara

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Barbara: I don't want hibiscus which most of the cranberry teas seem to contain.I've been doing pretty well. I have a little twinge of pain each morning, some gas, sometimes D, but everything is very managable. Staying away from high fructose corn syrup & caffiene while making sure I get whole wheat fiber and take it easy with white flour seems to work pretty well.It's hard work shopping and cooking all the time, but it is worth it to feel better and it also gives me a little sense of pride to make almost everything I eat.I'm not sure if I don't spend as much time on the board anymore because I generally feel better and IBS isn't foremost on my mind (even though it is definately present) or what, but I do check in from time to time. Perhaps it has been that I've been concentrating some effort on house shopping. I don't have to move, but in the next couple years I'd like to go from an apartment dwelling to a real house.You be well too ; ) !

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barbara: I don't want hibiscus which most of the cranberry teas seem to contain.I've been doing pretty well. I have a little twinge of pain each morning, some gas, sometimes D, but everything is very managable. Staying away from high fructose corn syrup & caffiene while making sure I get whole wheat fiber and take it easy with white flour seems to work pretty well.It's hard work shopping and cooking all the time, but it is worth it to feel better and it also gives me a little sense of pride to make almost everything I eat.I'm not sure if I don't spend as much time on the board anymore because I generally feel better and IBS isn't foremost on my mind (even though it is definately present) or what, but I do check in from time to time. Perhaps it has been that I've been concentrating some effort on house shopping. I don't have to move, but in the next couple years I'd like to go from an apartment dwelling to a real house.You be well too ; ) !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts