Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a urinary tract infection a few weeks ago (supposedly common in pregnancy). The med I took was really nauseating and made me dizzy - I know it was the med vs. morning sickness - as I had no sickness before or after taking the drug!. I have been drinking cranberry juice every day to ward off the evil UTI spirits. I jsut started to wonder if that may be why I seem to have started having pains and a long day of bathroom runs yesterday. I haven't had pains or diarrhea since I started the Remeron. (11 months). I realize one test is to stop drinking the cranberry juice and find out = but wanted to see if anyone knew if it posed problems in general. Even cranberry juice was a welcome relief to jsut drinking water every day since I am pregnant.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Typically cranberry juice is sweetened either with High-fructose corn syrup (and fructose can cause diarrhea) or if the do the 100% fruit juice thing it is sweetened with apple or pear juice (and the sorbitol from them can cause diarrhea).So it may not be the cranberries, but the what you have to do to them to make them edible.Some places sell cranberry capsues so thtat may be an option, but they haven't been tested like the juice has.see http://www.healthcentral.com/PeoplesPharma...ytype=HerbalMon They say large quantities of cranberry juice can cause diarrhea, but like I mentioned above it could be the cranberries, or the sweeteners used to make it drinkable.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Typically cranberry juice is sweetened either with High-fructose corn syrup (and fructose can cause diarrhea) or if the do the 100% fruit juice thing it is sweetened with apple or pear juice (and the sorbitol from them can cause diarrhea).So it may not be the cranberries, but the what you have to do to them to make them edible.Some places sell cranberry capsues so thtat may be an option, but they haven't been tested like the juice has.see http://www.healthcentral.com/PeoplesPharma...ytype=HerbalMon They say large quantities of cranberry juice can cause diarrhea, but like I mentioned above it could be the cranberries, or the sweeteners used to make it drinkable.K.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I had been drinking a small amount of pure, unsweetened cran. juice, mixed with other things, each morning. I don't know if it helped me or bothered me or what! I've since temporarily stopped taking it, as I have a problem with my stomach and must watch the acidity. I plan to watch my progress. Let us know about yours!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I had been drinking a small amount of pure, unsweetened cran. juice, mixed with other things, each morning. I don't know if it helped me or bothered me or what! I've since temporarily stopped taking it, as I have a problem with my stomach and must watch the acidity. I plan to watch my progress. Let us know about yours!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't drink any today and I have minor pains that could be pregnancy cramping instaead - but definitely diminished pain. This is after fall - so it has no high fructose corn syrup - but is mixed with apples! So my guess is it was the juice that is the culprit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't drink any today and I have minor pains that could be pregnancy cramping instaead - but definitely diminished pain. This is after fall - so it has no high fructose corn syrup - but is mixed with apples! So my guess is it was the juice that is the culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts