Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the ingrediants, the major one is Wheat Farina. What is that? The rest of the ingrediats are various minerals and vitamins. There is no Sol or Insoluable % on the box. As I'm having an IBS episode, I'm questioning everything before I eat it. Rice is great, but I'm getting tired of dry rice.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi- Cream of wheat is safe for most people. If you're feeling at all unsure though, get Cream of Rice instead.Best,Heather

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Heather! You can add me to the list of people that can "somewhat" tolerate Cream of Wheat. I'll stick with rice for a bit longer I think. By the way, I just ordered your First Year book...I'm the guy from NC who can't type. I hope there's a lot of better food items in there that are easy to cook because rice is getting WAY old

·
Registered
295 Posts
Aha! So that's you!
There's detailed diet info in the First Year and a few recipes. There are a lot more recipes in Eating for IBS (because it's a cookbook). There are quite a few recipes on the website you can try - more interesting than rice!Check here for EFI recipes web page For fast and easy recipes, check Heather Cooks here web page And for a whole entire IBS recipe and cooking board, check here web page Best,Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.