Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!I am so sick and tired of smelling like this, just like everybody else! I have tried to surf around to find out what the hell is wrong with me, and why I smell like this.As for most of you, my results are pretty unconclusive unfortunately.It seems like alot of the information is contradicting itself, and people are testing bussloads of different "cures" in pure desperation.To me, it would be great if we could have some kind of website were we can collect all information realted to this issue, to finally figure out what is wrong!That's why I am planning to build this website, and it would be great if I could get some people to help. Your help is appreciated even if you don't know how to code.I have no intention whatsoever to earn money on the website, but I will try to keep it as cutting edge as I can, so we can get all the features that we need.Will go into details, as soon as I see a positive response from your side!Either answer this thread or email me at:swe.dep123[at]gmail[dot]com(typing the adress wierd to avoid the crawlers)Look forward to hear from you all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it seems like noone is really answeing yet. That is a shame. I actually have an idea that might work:When you register at this website, you can fill out a big form of maybe 100 questions, that will be of relevance to our condition. This will of course be done in confidence, nothing will be spread to other websites, BUT we will collect all anonymus data and put it all together in a big form. Here you can see how common certain ailments are for people who has got feceal body odor. I think that this will help us all alot, because then this list (which will of course be avaliable to all members) can be printed and shown to your doctor. Then the docotrs can see what type of ailemts that people with this condition typically have, and therefore it might be easier to find a cure! Example: I am not able to detect my own odor, but people are sniffing in the air, and are choughing, when they are around me. I have swollen lymph nodes in the throat, and I have a very minor feceal leak. I also try to eat very healthy, but I still have alot of fatty nodes around my body, like I have problem to break down fat (sluggish metabolism due to thyroid problems maybe?). I think that we somehow can find a common denominator, if we all make some effort. Lets say that 100 people sign up for my site, and all 100 answer the questinaire of, lets say 100, questions. Then print this and show it to your doctor the next time you go there, and I assure you that he wil believe that you actually have a serious disease.The problem is that this disease is apparently not very well known between doctors (at least not the ones I've been to), and all infomation on the internet is anectdotal. We need to get this ball rolling. We need to start to collect symtoms and do some research on what this can be, on a site entirely dedicated to this cause!!!I suffer from this disease aswell, so I will not put up any advertisements or information that is not supported by alot of trusted members, since we all just want to buy anything that says "cures BO" on it.My plan is the following:A site made in Drupal, where you can sign up if you have fecial body odor. It will be a copehensive question-sheet, which all members should fill out, and the result is shown on a page visible to all members. There will be a big wiki, with alot of information about the substances and antibiotics, that we are encuraged to take, and some scientific and anectodal studies to confirm this. Further to this, I will of course implement a forum and private messages, just like a social community.All this will be made without me taking any profits. No adds without scientific approval will be shown, and all profits will be collected in a found dedicated to body odor research. I just want this odor to go away, and the doctors are not helping, and I cant find any success sories, so what to do? Lets unite, and beat this ###### together though a website that is run by someone who has got this horrible disease, and wants nothing more that to get rid of it!I wish you all a very nice evening, and I hope of you understand that this is the next step we should take!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey I would like to help. Currently Im in second year bio, so I know some scientific stuff although I don't know anything about programing or designing a website. So add me to your list and ill help anyway I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I would like to help. Currently Im in second year bio, so I know some scientific stuff although I don't know anything about programing or designing a website. So add me to your list and ill help anyway I can.
Thats great, appreciate it!I'll contact you when I have a basic version of the site up and running.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It would be a good idea if the site / questions distinguished between FBO (constant smell most likely do to a combo of feces in the rectum and a partially opened sphincter) and uncontrollable flatulence (could be called "UF". The "LG"-term is confusing as it has been used for both conditions).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be a good idea if the site / questions distinguished between FBO (constant smell most likely do to a combo of feces in the rectum and a partially opened sphincter) and uncontrollable flatulence (could be called "UF". The "LG"-term is confusing as it has been used for both conditions).
Thanks! Yeah, one of the first things needed on the website is clearly a good classification system for different kinds of FBO.I'm thinking that "can smell it myself", and "can't smell it myself" are two good super-categories. I'd also add "constant smelling" and "occasional smelling" and "been smelling since childhood" and "developed later".Something so we can keep anonymus statistics for symptoms of each FBO class.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Swe.Dep: If u have some medical questions or need something explained while creating this site, u can try to send me private messages on this forum as I am a almost a doctor and have LG (the UF kind). However, right now I'm in the middle of a horrible exam period, but after Dec 13th I will probably be more available. I can't promise that I'll always have the time to answer though ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm exactly FBO as Ernie described it (how much I smell depends on the presence of feces in the rectum, how much gas I have, and the kind of feces)! I know nothing of coding, but I'd join the site were it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the support!I registered odorhelp.com (seems like a suitable name). Now I have to get the basic structure together, and then I'll get the site up on a server. Can't say how long time this will take, but I'm gonna work hard on getting it up very soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! Sounds like you are tired of having this problem.Well, guess what- so am I! That's why i am going to make a blog (like you suggested)over the weekend or the beginning of winter break. It took some time to notice that feeling sorry for myself doesn't help, so im ganna suck it all up like a man, get into a strong character, and be in action. I am ganna make a blog that helps people with all gastrological problems- especially this fecal body odor- with a unique approach. instead of focusing on mediciation that damages our liver, i will focus on natural rmemdies as well as advice on a spiritual.mental level. Remember, no matter how embarrasing this can be, you have to be an optimist and ask yourself, "if i am stuck with this problem, then what should i learn from it?' trust me- frustration does not work! so if you are stuck at home , deppressed, crying all over your pillow, send those mean people to hell, and get your smelly asses to school or college! i am only 14 yrs old , so if you are my age or older, you can do it! ifaced one of my biggect fears today. i didn;t want to try out for a team cuz of my smell, but i mananged to get over my fears, and guess what!- i did awesome on the tryouts! and if i can do it, so can you. who cares about what other people think? in today's society, we are dellusioned that satisfying other poeple makes us happy. it does NOT! now, ofcourse, i do not have all the knowledge about this problem, so i will need your guys help when i make my blog.herez my email: [email protected] watcha guys think?p.s.even if i feel sad, i force myself to go to school and to ignore poeplez comments. i have missed about 7 days of school already so i am planning to be absent no longer , with the exception if i am really sick. i have made a huge progress, but i still have a long, bright road to go, and so do you. (do i sound motivational???)p.s.s. SWE.DEP PLEASE GIVE ME THE LINK TO YOUR WEBSITEDONT GET ME WRONG I AM NOT TRYING TO COPY YOUR IDEAI JUST GOT INSPIRED AND INSPIRED ONLY:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts