Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you tell which one you haveSorry im just anxious and being paranoid after reading on google.IF you just have right sided pain that comes and goes, gas, and pain around your belly button sometimes, I dont even konw if its pain or just discomfort,Is that just IBSI have no blood or feel sick or anythingI do get the odd bit of nausea if I over eat a lotIM going to buy some inner health plus today see if that helpsIve tired a lot of other things I will tell my dr next time I goBUT how can I tell i dont have those bad things or am I just worryingIM a highly strung person thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS pain can be anywhere in the abdomen, it often comes and goes.If you have bloody diarrhea, unexplained fevers or weight loss that is all out of proportion with what you eat (you eat way more food than you should need but can't gain weight and aren't an extremely active athlete) then you might worry about IBD/Crohn's.Also if your blood works is routinely abnormal (anemic or elevated sedimentation rate).Anxiety will make it hard to believe you aren't dying of something terrible. It is part of what happens with anxiety. you may need to seek treatment for that as well as it will make all other health conditions worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much KathleenI was told a few times by dr that my colon is inflammed is this from IBS??is the colon the part where your bm sits before it relases????I am learning alot. I have had days with no pain so it must be IBS a family member has it and another family member has it also.I am going to buy some probotic tablets today and try those.I plan to give up smoking. And cut right down on coffee and alchol alsoI have noticed sometimes when I do exercise the pain goes awayIf i dont want to walk is an exercise bike sufficent????I dont have any blood in my bm or anything like thatJust a bit of discomfort What else could I do i know you have answered me before And no weight loss only when im watching what i eat I have had blood tests done recently my cholestrol was great, and my kidneys etc nothing abnormal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also Katheen my dr told me to try and manage my anxiety without medication as it has made me gain weight etcOh well i will plod along and keep on trying my neighbour stresses me out a bit with noise but I got ear plugs that helpsAnd i will keep drinking water and stay away from bad things as much as i can

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Unfortunately "inflammed" has a lot of meanings and often is misused.Have they put you on Prednisone or other drugs to supress your immune system? If not they probably just meant irritated rather than they saw bleeding ulcers in there, and you say you have no blood.Exercise bike may be a good option. Often bouncing up and down makes a tender colon painful.The colon takes the stuff left over after the small intestine takes the nutrition out and over time removes water from the stool to help maintain your balance of water. You dump water in at the start and need to pull it back out.The colon starts on the lower right, goes up the right side, goes across just under the ribs then down the left side to the rectum. That is the part of the colon that stores the stool just before you have a BM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI there i had no tests just the doctor poking aroundIt all started about 10 years ago after a very bad case of food poisioning.I have no blood or anything like that just discomfort, I brought some inner health plus IBS support and some aleo juice todayI will try that and cut down on the bad things and hope it helpsAnd also I wont stress out and drink a lot of coffee im ok when I get moving etc i think that i stress about it too muchThank you so much for all your help I am on blood pressure tablets one of htem is a water pill so i did feel a lot better when I drank more water which I will start doing todayWill a lot of water help or just need 3 or 4 glasses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts