Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi K. I don't know if you can answer this but I thought I'd ask ,since no one seems to know. I have had to colonoscopies with two different GI's since January. The first diagnosed mild Crohn's Colitis. The second said that it appeared to be early mild Crohn's, however when the biopsies came back negative he said it must just be IBS. I have had an elevated sed rate for almost a year, sometimes as high as 75, and my C reactive ptotein is at 19 currently. I am afraid I do have Crohn's but the doc says without real evidence( positive biopsy) then he won't label me. Do you know if the positive biopsy is neccessary for diagnosis? What should I do? I saw the pics from the colonoscopy. There appears to be inflammation and sores in the rectum, sigmoid, and illeum. Now the doc is saying it must just be lymphoid follicles. I am so confused. Do you have any advice/ suggestions?

G

·
There are any number of things that can cause inflamation in the colon, including the colonoscopy prep...so it is hard to say what is going on.Other than keeping an eye on things and getting retested fairly regularly (esp. if symptoms get worse, or you get a new "red flag" symptom) to keep an eye on it.Sometimes Crohn's, I think esp those with milder cases, can go in and out of remission on it's own, so it can be a difficult thing to diagnose properly.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.