Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI am now in cronic stomach pain. Had Ct scan, 2 endoscopies, small bowel meal,ultra scan .. negative- say its IBS.Had today porridge, prunes, mushroom soup, slice of toast with cheese.. and now i'm got stomach cramps..any advice..On colpermin, spasmonal nortripyline 30mg and buspar for anxirtyFiona

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Try less starch & less fruit in your diet tomorrow. Right now...Try a heating pad or heat patches. Also lay on your left side and go completely relaxed and limp. Hover just above sleep.. (Unless you want to sleep than go right ahead!
) relax every muscle you own... use loads of pillows to get as supported and relaxed as possible. (Try a pillow at your back to hold you on your side)Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HiThanks for your posts. I didnt get to sleep till 4am GMT..My anxiety was bad because my stomach was bad..oh what a loop i'm in.
My poor hubby was up with me. I have decided to keep a food diary. I have IBS C . I need advice on what to eat. Should I do a exclusion diet, or a low fibre gluten free diet?Any advise pleaseFiona

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Is your constipation you go a couple of times a week, or are lucky to go a couple of times a month?Usually constipated people need more fiber unless they their transit is so bad they go 7-14 days between bowel movements. After all 14 or more days worth of a high fiber diet all inside at the same time would make anyone uncomfortable. Most people that go every day can't more than about 40-50 grams of fiber as more than that gets uncomfortable.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Fiona I hate to say it but 2 days is ok. And going everyday isn't considered "Constipation". Here some info about constipation and also some dietary advice: (Also they define constiaption as only having a BM 3 - 5 times a week)http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/Here is some good info about the difference between Insoluble & Soluble Fiber. (Also includes foods for each category)http://www.healthcastle.com/fiber-solubleinsoluble.shtmlKeep in mind.. as you read in the first article... constipation isn't always about food. There are other causes as the article states.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.