Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I had IBS for about 9 years now, and counting. and done all the research there is out there. I finally came in contact with a Doctor that many of you may have heard of before, specializing in IBS TREATMENT. Dr. Dahlman. Located in Cincinnati, Ohio but has a web site with a protocol on how to relieve yourself from IBS. There is many interesting facts in their and the Document is extemely detailed on everything you need to know. It's FREE to download. If any of you are strugling to look for help in your symptoms I strongly suggest you take a look at this link http://www.drdahlman.com/ and download the protocol on the mid bottom of the page. Hope it helps you out. And yes I have been on the program and already have been seeing GREAT results. Please do your best to pass this on to EVERYONE! Thanks for looking!!!-yours truly Claudio

· Registered
604 Posts
I just wanted to point out to any newbies reading this that I'm afraid there really is no 'cure' for IBS - there are ways to manage your symptoms and many patients have a lot of success with diet changes, supplements, hypnotherapy and so on, but it's very unlikely that you will find a program that cures you - you will have to continue with the diet or supplements or whatever or your symptoms will return.I don't know much about Dr Dahlman and he may well provide some good advice - but not a cure, unfortunately. Thanks for the link though Claudz.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Sophie, I know it might to strong of a word to say "cure", But I just wanted to make it a bold statement for people to see, to actually be intrested to check it out. Jus tryin to help the people...thanx for the heads-up peardrops.-Claudz

· Registered
23,788 Posts
Dr Dahlman is a Chiropractor.Not a in gastroenterologist or neurogastroenterologist.In the past he has posted extremely inaccurate information on IBS to the bb.He has also been rude and disrespectful to other IBSers on the bb here in the past.Buyer beware

· Registered
469 Posts
A 'muppet' is UK slang for, well basically, an idiot. I have to admit when I saw the word CURE I immediatly thought it was a no go. There is no cure, as we are constantly told so anyone who claims to have a cure must surely be making a false claim! I didnt click on the web site, and have no intention of. It also begs the question though that people can log into this site and give us all false information? Though they would have to be pretty sick to do that to us all.

· Registered
469 Posts
It's entirely your decision. I wouldn't, but that is just me. It depends what they are asking for. Are they asking for a lot of money? If u register are u getting a lot of junk e-mails? I was on a site for psoriasis the other night, and registered for a supposedly FREE leaflet download. Once I'd downloaded it there was no advice on there, and now I keep getting junk e-mails. You can easily get caught out. My advice - Dont give any money away until youve done a lot of research on this person.

· Registered
5,773 Posts
If you have read through his document then you should have a pretty good idea of how he works through many possible contributors to identify and treat causes. I am under the impression that if your condition is brought on by bacterial imbalances in your digestive system, he is more effective than your typical doctor, as he seems relentless in testing. If it is a serotonin/brain problem, I don't know how well he does.There were a small number of people who had very good results out of a 10 person testing group from the Board. (Gret, Calid, Kel/Lek and whatever other names she went under, I think Anmegrl.) Others did not. Gret, who had been using Ibsacol with good results, wanted a therapy that didn't require eternal treatment. She was most pleased with the results. He is expensive and his guarantee seems to be based on your ability to spend a fair whack of money on the supplements and the Great Smokies Lab. If you don't follow it to the letter (and dollar) you may be out of pocket, so if that is a concern, read the agreement closely.There are cheaper solutions in the non-medical side of this; however, you have to find out what works for you. If you can afford him, I believe you will get a good level of committment and support...but it is still an experiment.Good luck.Mark

· Registered
339 Posts
Claudz808I would suggest you read the information on .. site. The lady who has set this site up has suffered with ibs for many years. She gives valuable diet advice, supplement suggestions etc. and there are also very good and active bulletin boards.I am a sufferer of 30 years and believe me you name it I have tried it but the best advice I have found is on the aforementioned site and I only found that last october.Personally I have taken on board most of Heather's diet advice, I regularly take a soluble fiber supplement, a pribiotic supplement and also peppermint capsules.Happy surfing.Judith

· Registered
143 Posts
Don't do it, Claud! There are hundreds of treatments out there, and there is no reason to pay so much for something that you don't know will help you. Even if it helped other people, everyone's system is different, so it could do nothing for you . . .or make it worse! Your best bet is to find a GI doctor you like and trust and continue working with him/her to find the best solution for you to manage your symptoms.Like someone said above....BUYER BEWARE!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanx for the advice everyone. I appriciate it. The dietary advice that this doctor had planned out is something I'll consider doing because you can't go wrong with keeping yourself healthy. But getting all those supplements is very iffy. I'm going to be moving down to Florida in like a month or less. So I can't exactly go out and get a personal "GI Doctor" Although I wish I could, I wouldn't want to start doing session's with someone and then have to move to somewhere else and be lost. Other:-I've been having C for the last 4 days. (I jus cant go!) If anyone can help me on that, I'd appreciate it! Thanx-Claudz

· Registered
234 Posts
In reading Dr. D's free literature, he seems to proclaim that IBS is caused by anti-biotics, which is to me a great over simplification. I our modern world, I assume just about everyone at some point in their life (e.g., for an ear infection or something...) has taken anti-biotics, but to blame IBS on that? I don't buy it. So if his treatment is based on that faulty assumption of cause, I think I'd feel a bit cautious. What bothers me is just that we live in a world where there are so many people out there willing to make money off another person's illness. I am not claiming Dr. D is one of those scam artists, but you really have to beware, especially on the internet. It takes very little to put up a fancy website with "testimonials" proclaiming that your sugar pills cured IBS, cancer, impotence and the common cold!

· Registered
292 Posts
i have never been on antibiotics before this week but i have had ibs for, well, looking back probably the last 4 years or so. didn't think anything of it till it got really bad 2 yrs ago. so yeah, somehow don't think antibiotics can be the only thing for causing ibs!!!!

· Registered
604 Posts
As other posters have said on this thread, if the good doctor is saying that all IBS is caused by antibiotics then he is wrong (I have never had antibiotics in my life).However, a lot of IBS sufferers do find that their symptoms started with some kind of 'insult' to the gut, including antibiotics, food poisoning (the one that got me), surgery and so on. But other sufferers don't have any kind of starting point for their IBS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.