Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
I just wanted to point out to any newbies reading this that I'm afraid there really is no 'cure' for IBS - there are ways to manage your symptoms and many patients have a lot of success with diet changes, supplements, hypnotherapy and so on, but it's very unlikely that you will find a program that cures you - you will have to continue with the diet or supplements or whatever or your symptoms will return.I don't know much about Dr Dahlman and he may well provide some good advice - but not a cure, unfortunately. Thanks for the link though Claudz.

· Registered
604 Posts
As other posters have said on this thread, if the good doctor is saying that all IBS is caused by antibiotics then he is wrong (I have never had antibiotics in my life).However, a lot of IBS sufferers do find that their symptoms started with some kind of 'insult' to the gut, including antibiotics, food poisoning (the one that got me), surgery and so on. But other sufferers don't have any kind of starting point for their IBS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.