Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching an infomercial on a product called "Nu-Zymes." It is a pill that you take with meals which is suppose to allow for better digestion, no matter what foods you are eating. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? Here is the website if you want to check it out... http://www.nuzymes.com/index.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
T-bone; I have been using same for about a year now. Seems to help. I think its worth trying for at least a month trial.David in Denver

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
HI BEEFSTEAK:I don't think that the enzyme supplement(s) described are either a cure nor a hoax, "Bones".Some people who exhibit the symptoms of lost oral tolerance (ie: you get diarrheic-involved so called "IBS") can and will benefit from a supplement profile like this as one of the causal basis of lost oral tolerance can be inadequate digestive enzyme availability (I'll skip the technicalities of how this can happen, but it can be a problem for some people).Since you do not need to mortgage your house to try it, and if one has trouble with diarrheic-type IBS esp. with gas and bloating et al this may be worth a shot. Especially since you can hold them to this, posted on the order page: _____________________________________"Try Nu-Zymes™ for 30 days. If you are not completely satisfied with the results, return the unused portion for a full product refund. " ______________________________________Anyway....will help some, not others.MNL

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When I have watched the informercials the "science" behind it didn't ring true for me (PhD in biology if that means anything to you). http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...honyAds/mp.html Lists some of the claims and some answers to the claims. But some people think Quackwatch just hates everyone and discount anything and everything on the site, but it usually tends to be more science based than many of the claims they debunk.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts