Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a cure that Ive found for leaky gas which is not ideal but works as a temporary bandaid.

By taking antidepressants and anti anxiety medications my leaking problem is gone. I still have more gas than the average person but the gas incontinence problem is resolved.

Just a bit of backstory, I got leaky gas about 6 years ago and about 4 years ago the problem stopped. I cant attribute exactly to what I did that helped at the time. Then, about 6 months ago the leaky gas returned after a period of what I would consider poor eating and stress management and I went down the rabbit hole of trying to search for a cure again and had to deal with the daily trauma of humiliation.

I was prescribed antidepressants and anti anxiety and since taking them the leaky gas has been gone. I can hold in gas without problems now. Im not sure what Ill be doing in the long term but I will continue to take these until things stabilise.

Just thought Id share this for anyone who is struggling and desperate to start living a normal life again - I know how horrible it is. I hope this helps someone out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the name of the antidepressants that helped you?
Zoloft but please be careful to increase the dose very gradually per the doctors instructions - do not suddenly take the max dosage.

It was the combination of both the anti anxiety and antidepressant that worked so I’m not sure if the antidepressants alone will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts