Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 40 years of suffering from IBS I am cured! I removed oats and whole grains from my diet and the difference this made was amazing. My bowels are oversensitive like everyone else with IBS and it makes so much sense that fibre would irritate it. I was having a good helping of partially cooked oats every morning for most of my adult life, believing this was the healthy thing to do! My daily symptoms were pain, bloating, fluctuating loose and hard stools, prolonged and frequent burping on lying down to sleep plus burning and grinding stomach pains. I have been sewing camisoles to all my pants for the last 20 years because any pressure on my stomach caused hours of constant pain long after the pressure was removed. My two pregnancies were a nightmare. IBS affected both my mother and daughter. Recently it also became clear that they have both been lactose intolerant. Removing lactose from my diet cleared up the burping and removing oats and whole grains later cured the rest. Now maybe I can have some peace and ease in my retirement years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Furthermore, after eliminating oats, I went from 6-12 bowel motions in 24 hrs and loads of gas to 2 bowel motions and hardly any gas. No more bloating and pain either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts