Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious about everyones ages here,if everyone would post their age and a brief statement on when they first started getting IBS symtoms and what each of their exact symtoms are we can do a little of our own studies here. Its just a thought.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
eric - how old are you?I'm 46, have had IBS for probably about 20 years... began with just gurgles and rumbling in my stomach, later got gas too, and eventually escalated into massive explosions of "D"! I'm doing pretty well on the Caltrate though - I still have to be careful though... just went on a weekend holiday out of town and drank some water - a big no-no for me - didn't mean to drink it - had some apple juice, within 20 minutes I had "D" - THEN I knew it was mixed with the water and not straight...

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am 38,male and have had IBS for 28 years. I have severe cramps on the left side just below my rib cage,however it sometime takes over my entire abdomen,but usally is on the left side only(like a charlie horse.)I have D and C alternating constantly. I get sweaty skin and a low temp right before an attack and my eyes start to slightly flicker for a couple of minutes beforehand. The cramps are really severe usally putting me totally out of commission,and sometime the only way to make it go away is to sleep(if I can.) I take Valium when needed and diclycomine, although I have taken a multitude of drugs over the years.

G

·
I'm 21, I don't remember when I started noticing symptoms. Between the ages of 10 - 12 years old, I guess. I really don't remember, it's been too long!I have IBS-D and occasionaly IBS-C------------------Michelle [This message has been edited by Squish (edited 07-13-1999).]

·
Registered
178 Posts
im almost 32 female, this #### started a few years ago and has only gotten worseTry throwing everything away in your kitchen and starting over with rice oatmeal and fruit and stuffthats what I did this weekend

G

·
::sigh:: I guess I'll finally confess my age.. I'm 14 and I've been having symptoms for YEARS, it was the occasional cramping, gas pain, and spasms that started it all.. It wasn't really bad until I was 10, when I started getting sick every morning and had to go home from school frequently.. who knows what the teacher and nurse thought, lol.. I know one time the teacher was being nasty and thought I was faking it.. (I was sweating , I had to go D so badly!) It was daily D, and the symptoms got worse every year, sometimes alternating between C and D- until last summer when it turned into mainly C. I was relieved to be not suffering so much D anymore, until I found out C is no picnic either!BTW, I'm leaving for Wisconsin in 3 weeks (visiting my friends). Last year I was fine for the first couple of days until I was having cramps and D every morning. Wish me luck for this year's trip!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crapsalot, It doesn't matter how old you are, you seem to be an intelligent and understaanding person. I personally sympathize with you, as I started having problems when I was about ten(that was 1970)and I missed alot of school,got a lot of flak from my friends for not being able to do things,and at that time I don't think there was the term IBS, although maybe,I was sent to a psychitrist for about a year,put on Librax and then left to suffer as it didn't go away. I am glad that you are young, as they might cure this soon I hope, and you won't have to suffer. I think your brave and doing something about it,helping others with support,and helping yourself. I hope some parents that have kids with IBS and don't it know it yet will learn from kids like you in the future. I for one wish you luck on the trip! If you need support you can email me at falcon###oregonsbest.comI also hope you stay in touch with this board while you are away!

G

·
eric, thank you so much for your support, i was a little bashful about my age (the teenage stereotypes and negative opinions from adults) but this BB is really great about treating everyone equally and it's really comforting to be able to talk about what I can't talk about with people I know ("ewwwww!!! u have *giggle* DIOREEA???")lol anyway; I'm going to Chicago too, driving from Madison with my friends; i can't wait.. i'll take some pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.