Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
alright i don't know how to use the poll command herecurious how many people here have ever tried something like this to treat there IBS-D?http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=112669scroll down near the bottom of this link to see my posthttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=120705the 2nd link has a stratagy thats a little easier to follow and is aimed at treating IBS-Dalso im gonna add some new personal info here that i found out about my IBS-D. i posted this on a other forums so im just mostly copy and paste it from there to here---------------------i don't suffer from IBS at all anymore not even one tiny bit unless i eat a food thats bad for it and if i eat a really bad food like a potato starch then bam it hits hard but really i forgot i even had IBS for years cause thats how good i eat to prevent it from causeing me any harmalso i never suffer from IBS-C which is constipation which then psylilium husk may be useful foras far as food hurting my stomach heres a quick % wise thing so you get some ideaeggs 0%butter 0%most types of cheese 0%red meat prepared good like steak and ground beef 0%red meat prepared medium like semi over cooked like a roast 5%red meat prepared really bad and really over cooked and dry'd out like left in a crock pot for too long 30-100% (rarely happens)mostly same idea for other meats as wellraspberries 1.5% (i know they have fiber but they just don't cause problems)blueberries 2.5%fiber 10%zucchini 40%spaghetti squash 60%nuts prepared decently 65% (have never tried super good ones before though from that dr mercola site)oats 75%tomato 75%avocado 75%nuts 100-400% (depends if any are rancid in the pack)mayo 100%canola oil 125%beans 150%whipping cream 200%sour cream 400%coconut 800% (cause im allergic to it)sweet potato 1000%basically it needs to reach 25% for me to even notice it and 75% for me to start feeling a little discomfort from the IBS i can also handle eating fiber just as long as i don't eat too much for example when i eat broccoli i dont eat any of the stems and just the broccoli florets the florets still have a tiny bit of fiber but nothing like the stems but i can handle the florets 100% easilyback years ago when my stomach was damaged before the atkins diet healed it i could not eat any food with out it causeing atleast some discomfort and foods with any % rateing from the list there would cause pain but now that its healed i can actually figure out what foods hurt it and what foods don'talso lately i have been wondering if by takeing thesehttp://probiotics.mercola.com/probiotics.htmlif with them good probiotics they would let me eat more fiber like vegetables in large amounts like lots of zucchini and spinage with out geting any discomfort----------------------------------------------------i have never tested good probiotics yet so i don't know if they would allow me to eat lots of fiber or notand that % rateing is now with a healed stomach. but if my stomach was still damaged any food would hurt it atleast a little. but still the higher % ones would have not only hurt it alot more but also slow and or prevent healingand also these % rateings are with a low carb diet i also don't eat at any restaurants restaurants tend to add horrifying ingredients to food and i also don't eat pork or shellfishanyways i hope this extra info gives people new ideas how to treat there IBS-D :(this type of info is hard to obtain unless your a person who had IBS-D but now your stomach is 100% healed and healthy to test with

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.