Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im only very new here and very new to a diagnosis of IBS! I have had two weeks from hell, constant pain, vomiting, bowel habits that swing from one to the other, weight loss due to fear of eating because it starts the vomiting/pain cycle again, this all started on day 14 of my cycle. Im on the pill, have been for almost 12 months but the IBS symptoms have been on and off for 9 months.Have been misdiagnosed with appendicitis, Gynae problems, threatened with Laproscopies, appendectomies, have had clear CT scans and abdo xrays showed alot of wind and alot of build up
I know I have IBS now as it was diagnosed yesterday, and have started taking extra oatbran and Aloe Juice. Is it quite common to have all these symptoms from mid cycle? I have had this before, but not this extreme that Ive been hospitilised.The Dr has said if it continues over the next month ill be put on Colofac...Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
482 Posts
aloe could be causing your D if you have trouble with the allium family (onions, garlic, aloe)... i was on the pill for 4years but my ibs kicked of about a year of half after, i never thought about it until have explosive d daily adn the pill giving me now contraceptive converance. then changed to the depo shot... D isnt daily now just food related, the pill can trigger ibs for alot fous
mines alot better since im not takin the pill
some of us have hormnal ibs too thats just when symptoms worsen during your period

1 - 2 of 2 Posts