Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS-D for 3 years now. I also have panic disorder. I was laid off a year ago and stopped taking Bentyl and only had D and pain every now and then. I just started a new job a couple of weeks ago. I am so happy about it and everything in my life is great now! I am not nervous at all about my job and have no anxiety about it!BUT....As soon as I started this job the pain (razors in my stomach) and the D started. I have had really bad D for 2 weeks straight. I even had an accident in the car on the way home from the store (first time ever.) This is my worst fear and especially at work.I don't want to take something that will make me constipated and not regular - and I just started my new insurance and don't get to see my wonder gastro md until May 13.Any advice until then?

·
Registered
82 Posts
From my experiences, I can not find the words to explain the freedom and relief from symptoms I have had since I started taking Immunolin over 1 year ago. I have had NO repeat NO diarrhea since I started, and only very infrequently do I have a little constipation! Please try a bottle of Immunolin ASAP. I also have increased energy, virtually no nausea, as compared to almost constant nausea before, and my allergy symptoms have almost completely dissapeared!Immunolin is available from swansonvitamins.comand I understand that some health food stoers are begining to carry it. Please try it and let me know if it works as well for you as it did me.Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Booker:Immodium should get you through the day and if you are really worried, get some Depends. Also, sip chamomile/mint tea during the day. NO COFFEE!I am going to Charleston, SC from NJ on May 11th and I plan to wear Depends when sightseeing, etc.I've had more accidents than I care to remember!!Good luck in your new position. Once you feel comfortable and secure (may take a while) you'll see your symptoms go away.much love, m-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! It's weird that as much as I don't think I am stressing/nervous about my new job I am pretty sure that is what is causing my D. I am very lucky that my IBS is not food triggered - I eat well anyway, but my pain and D can happen at any time. I also have aesthma, allergies and severe GERD...I guess I will keep on the Immodium until I see my Gastro in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Knot: Yes, but at least it won't be ALSO running down your leg and you'll have time to get somewhere to clean up. Without them, the smell is the least of your problems, wise guy!!!! LOLlove, m-

·
Banned
115 Posts
Booker, I just wanted to tell you that my symptoms, similar to yours, greatly increased when I switched jobs last year. They also increased post-9/11. I'm sure this has to do with the increased stress. The good news is that when I did get comfortable in the job, the symptoms greatly decreased.Hope that helps.Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.