Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have basically figured out that I have what is considered IBS-D. This past weekend I went on vacation and for the first time in many years, I was constipated. I know that IBS symptoms can go back and forth, but as soon as I got home, I went back to my "normal" loose BM. I was wondering if the D is caused by anxiety and stress, so when I relaxed, the opposite happened? I also drank less caffeine (and unfortunately more alcohol) on the trip, and thought maybe that had something to do with it. I ate more and had less stomach discomfort, interestingly enough.Any ideas? Do other people notice a change between D and C depending on stress level?Thanks, Jen

·
Registered
307 Posts
So I have basically figured out that I have what is considered IBS-D. This past weekend I went on vacation and for the first time in many years, I was constipated. I know that IBS symptoms can go back and forth, but as soon as I got home, I went back to my "normal" loose BM. I was wondering if the D is caused by anxiety and stress, so when I relaxed, the opposite happened? I also drank less caffeine (and unfortunately more alcohol) on the trip, and thought maybe that had something to do with it. I ate more and had less stomach discomfort, interestingly enough.Any ideas? Do other people notice a change between D and C depending on stress level?Thanks, Jen
Yes it get worse with alot of stress but never good.Some people also react to caffeine so you should probably try to exclude that from yor diet to see if that is your problem.Alcohol maybe made your stomach relax more during the vacation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts