Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,for a number of years (25) I have had bad painfull indigestion and bouts of D.8 yrs ago I need some work on my depressions and now never have indigestion. However I get periods of D. The current one has lasted 8 wks. mainly water, but on good days yellow/slime and mucus.WHEN A BOWEL MOVEMENT IS DUE IT IS URGENT. I have had tests a number of yrs ago and these included the tube in both ends .Two yrs ago I found two lumps on in the armpit on above the coller bone. plus a large pea size lymth node on the back of my neck. Again I was test .Blood tests and nothing was found. My doctor says the to larger lumps are cysts and the lymth node is ok, not to big and not changing.The bouts of D I am told is for me normal.I have not lost wait and I don't feel ill and energy wise I feel fine.Food I eat passes through quickly.water melon is fastest,salad ,fruit and beer very quick also.Does this sound like IBS. It has to be said that i'm also prone worry and always seem on edge.cheers gary

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi gary, whilst I can say, 'yes, your symptom and experience with certain foods sounds like IBS', I'm no doctor, and it is important for you to get a diagnosis first of all. If it is IBS, antidepressants can help slow down the digestive tract and can help with the urgency. Also remember that eating stimulates a bowel movement, maybe in your case (and mine!) that response is exaggerated. Salad, fruit and beer are common problems for D sufferers. You can take imodium for the D. It is an antidiarrhoeal available from your doctor or over the counter. BTW, I have cysts too (subcutaneous), and a bony growth on my collar bone, apparently nothing to be alarmed about as long as the bony growth only grows outwards. The lymph node lumps I have no experience of; be guided by your doctor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.