Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been diagnosed with IBS-D five years ago. Unfortunately my crappy(forgive the pun)routine contiues. In the morning I eat a banana and have coffee. Between 6 and noon I'm in the bathroom at least five times. Not necessarily D but urgent. Then after a light lunch its D within about a half an hour. I was prescribed Lomotil which helps but I hate to take it all the time. Any ideas. I've tried increasing Fiber, Calcium and various diets with no results. I will say I am a rather nervous person which I think contributes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not a doctor, but I would say change your morning eating habits. Banana's can cause gas and if you are drinking caffeinated coffee, that could help cause the bathroom problems. Or, if you add a sugar substitute to your coffee, that can also cause D. I tried dieting and started eating banana's and using the sugar substitutes. I was in the bathroom alot until I figured out they were the cause and stopped. Just a suggestion that wouldn't take too long to test out. Good luck!

G

·
I switched to half caf coffee and it helped my IBS/D in the AM. I went from 3-4 times in the AM before work to just 1-2 times before work. Fiber Con made things worse for me with bloating but that was just me. I am rigid about what I eat every morining, lunch and a little flexible for dinner. Same thing every day. I figure, I find something that won't send me running while at work I am going to stick with. Also, no caffine all day. That is a big plus for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.