Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I am a new member suffering from intense stomach pain, nausea and vomiting for nine years. I have had every test, upper and lower G.I.s, bile ducts, biopsies, Gall bladder etc...I live in my bathtub, easing the unbelievable pain I have during three/four day bouts. My G.E. prescribes Percoset to keep me out of the ER twice a month. My pain even cuts through this nasty stuff. I have been on everything. You name it, it's been tried. I even had a saliva test, telling me it's all about yeast? Any ideas about this. Anyway, I have pain everyday. Wake up, can't eat, intense burning pain in middle right of torso under rib cage. Leads to nausea, intense sweating, then retching. I throw up warm bile. I am a woman, married, 49, two teenage children. My three day bouts come every three weeks or so. I want to think it's the small bowel, the duodendum. A Harvard medical school chair (aquaintance) says look at the bowel. What about menopause, hormone issues, parasites. I had malaria and dysentery when I was 17. It's amazing to have such violent, horrible pain without the doctor being able to see or determine something. I've always thought my gall bladder is the culprit since I had a terrible attack in college, but that was it. All gall bladder tests have been negative. Never any stones, but it could be diseased, or malfunctioning. Okay, I'll stop. Big question: Anybody vommiting like me, in the morning on an empty stomach with intense, deep, deep, deep burning? I go to the bathroom a little at the time over a three hour period, but nevver really constipated. Thanks. Sha

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hi sha, Your situation sounds horrible, I'm so sorry. You asked about thoughts on the candida saliva spit test...we all have yeast in the mouth. It's a hoax. However, an intestinal candida infection is real, and can be detected through a good stool test. Vomiting isn't normally a symptom though. Have you had your thyroid tested? Been tested (& retested) for parasites? What type of diet changes have you tried? Are you taking any probiotics? fiber? I've no idea on the vomiting, I hope you find some relief soon...Tal

G

·
Hey Sha, with all your previous medical tests were there any diagnostics on the pancreas, pancreatic ducts and hepatic ducts?Char

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:Originally posted by LNAPE:Sha,Sounds like gall bladder to me did you have the hida scan to see if it is functioning properly.Linda
Hi Linda: Thanks for your reply. The gall bladder has always been on my mind, but no stones or disease. I've had two hida scans since 97. Although one surgeon dismissed it as my problem, he said it was functioning at about 30 percent. He said he would not operate. Can a gall bladder be partially functional? Can its dysfunction remain hidden from standard gall bladder tests? Sorry...whew, it's been a mystery for so long. Sha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.