Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are eggs considered a dairy product??.That may sound like a dumb question, however when I was told to come off dairy I was told not to eat eggs either. I never thought of eggs as being dairy, however I was told it could cause as many problems as dairy. Doesnt make much sense to me. Anyway, both eggs and dairy causes pain for me, so that confuses things even more. Now ALL foods hurt. Wish I could find some safe food. I was hoping if I eliminate dairy from my diet and that over time it may help. I know dairy can cause so many problems (The only dairy I eat is yogurt though and I cant move afterwards)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Technically, anything that comes from a cow is considered a dairy product. But eggs bother a lot of people too, so I guess it doesn't matter where they come from. By the way, yogurt has the same effect on me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I have got to a point where all foods are bothering me, however I heard that dairy and eggs can cause more reaction that other foods. I cant even eat baked fish, soup, starch, veggies, fruit, raw or cooked ... nothing without extreme pain and worsened constipation. Also the larger the quantity of what I eat the worse it is and if I dont eat at all, the pain is bad (but not as bad as when I do eat), but I'm sooo hungry. The less I eat the less contipated I get though. Makes no sense!? Can you believe it, the worst is drinking water!!!Dont know what to do anymore. Can one's stomach be sooo sensitive that one cannot tolerate foods anymore ... I cannot go on living like this yet dont know what to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.