Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I tried dates for about two weeks and they just really bothered me......they are so sugary, so I think they were just sitting in my stomach fermenting...bad very bad.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I LOVE dates...YUM!
I didn't think there was fermentation? They have a lot of fiber in them, so I have to be careful not to overindulge. I get powdered date pieces from the health food store.Also be careful when buying dried fruit, because some has a lot of sulphites on it, which bothers some people.They're really good in cookies and bread, too!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I LOVE dates...YUM!
I didn't think there was fermentation? They have a lot of fiber in them, so I have to be careful not to overindulge. I get powdered date pieces from the health food store.Also be careful when buying dried fruit, because some has a lot of sulphites on it, which bothers some people.They're really good in cookies and bread, too!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Have you tried figs? Those have LOTS of fiber in them. I really like dried fruit...have you tried dried apples and pears? And other varieties? I've never been a prune fan, but I like just about any other dried fruit.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Have you tried figs? Those have LOTS of fiber in them. I really like dried fruit...have you tried dried apples and pears? And other varieties? I've never been a prune fan, but I like just about any other dried fruit.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I love dates. Would you believe that when I was a babysitter, I would raid the cupboard for dates? Well, they said I could help myself to whatever. I always wondered now that I am older if they were frustrated when they couldn't find their dates for their recipe. Okay, Catholic guilt entering in. I feel like I should go back and confess and give them a new package now. I was careful not to eat all of them, and I don't think I would break open a new box. I used to claim that I would enjoy a box of dates more than a box of chocolates! Not so sure now, though.Anyway, Catholic guilt aside, I don't do dates now, because I'm doing the low sugar thing. I just heard on a health program today that they did a study that showed that high sugar consumption produced an inflammatory reaction. Don't know how true this study is. I do feel better when I don't do a lot of it though.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I love dates. Would you believe that when I was a babysitter, I would raid the cupboard for dates? Well, they said I could help myself to whatever. I always wondered now that I am older if they were frustrated when they couldn't find their dates for their recipe. Okay, Catholic guilt entering in. I feel like I should go back and confess and give them a new package now. I was careful not to eat all of them, and I don't think I would break open a new box. I used to claim that I would enjoy a box of dates more than a box of chocolates! Not so sure now, though.Anyway, Catholic guilt aside, I don't do dates now, because I'm doing the low sugar thing. I just heard on a health program today that they did a study that showed that high sugar consumption produced an inflammatory reaction. Don't know how true this study is. I do feel better when I don't do a lot of it though.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's why I went off of the dates...I want to stick to my diet of protein and veggies and little carbs and sugar. I find that any form of sugar is a killer for me. I have to do moderation with the prunes as well.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's why I went off of the dates...I want to stick to my diet of protein and veggies and little carbs and sugar. I find that any form of sugar is a killer for me. I have to do moderation with the prunes as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.