Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
(He probably can't get out of the bathroom to answer -
) Sorry, this miserable de-galled person couldn't help herself

G

·
I was slowly coming around after 2 weeks--still having some pains which I'm not sure are from the incisions, or in my intestines--remember my HIDA SCAN was a 32%, so my doc said removing the gall bladder may not help if it is just IBS causing the problems. I am regular as long as I take Konsul fiber at night (1 dose), and still have never had D.The bad thing is just about 4 days ago I started having real bad acid reflux. I had it before last summer, (took Prilosec and Zantac) but it all went away last Aug and have been off meds since then. I hope my system adjusts soon. Glad you are coming around Linda, and know your frustrations with doctors kate. Take care,Dave

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, I think you gotta remember here that you just had abdominal surgery - of course you are going to hurt inside for a while. I still do a little too, but less each day. Depending on what I eat it occasionally feels like there is a small contraction to squeeze some more of the bile out of the duct(s). I just figure that's natural for a while. I've had more indigestion type stuff too, but I've assumed that's from the antibiotics, and since I finished them last Saturday it has eased up. I don't figure I have a snowball's chance in hell of actually feeling "normal" for at least a month or so after the surgery date. But I'm still 1,000% better than I had been for at least 6 months, no C - no D - and I can actually eat real food again, albeit in smaller quantity. But what the heck, I'd just as soon not gain ALL the weight back. I'd be interested in hearing about the Konsul fiber. What is it, what does it taste like, and where do you find it. I've been using 1 dose of Citrucel per day just because of the diverticulosis. Hang in there my friend! At 32% your gb was not functioning normally.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hi daveit takes time dave,i am 10 weeks out and just now notice a REAL big change,for the better,i also had and still get acid reflux,but thats part of it,when i had my bad gallbladder my reflux was not there,also this may sound funny but i can now belch great great,before i was burping micro burps all day long,and here is another thing that has started to come back,noe don't laugh dave with this if you can it may hurt your belly,ready! its been a long time since i could crack a good fart! i am not kidding about the burping and the latter,so i must be getting better, sorry to be so blunt,as lindab stated you just had major surgery, and with jamming cameras,rods snips into your stomach no wonder it takes a while to recover from this but it will come around,just keep track of how many weeks we are all out,as i said i am 10 now,how about you linda and kathy? lets see just how many weeks it really takes us to turn the corner!keep healing dave
charlie
[This message has been edited by charlie (edited 05-04-99).]

G

·
Linda,Konsyl is a fiber therapy that a friend recommended. She and some of her relatives tried other therapies but they didn't work as well as Konsyl. It tastes pretty bad. She suggested you mix it with juice. I take one dose every night which seems to be keeping me regular. You can find it at most drug stores and some discount stores. Hope you had a good day.Dave

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, Dave, but if it tastes bad I think I'll pass. I don't have enough of a problem any more to do that. As I said, I'm really only taking something now as a preventive measure because I have so much diverticulosis. I used to take ABC Colon Cleanse from the health food store, but it tasted awful and took forever to dissolve in oj. So for now, I'll just stick with Citrucel or Metamucil which taste ok to me. Hope you are feeling better and that soon it will all just be a distant memory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.