Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS/C all my life (I'm 45) and am on Zelnorm and Celexa. Anyway, starting one year ago my periods began coming much closer together, and three times they occurred less than 3 weeks apart. I have been under alot of stress in the past year b/c my elderly mother had a disabling illness, and I am her sole caregiver in addition to working full-time and having borderline personality disorder plus IBS/C. In April my gyne did an endometrial biopsy and was unable to get deep inside to get enough tissue, so I had an ultrasound which was normal. Well, my period started 13 days ago and and I have been bleeding everyday since which has never happened before. I have an appt next week with the gyne, and the nurse said she might have to do another endometrial biopsy. What could cause my period to be so prolonged? Perimenopause, stress, or something serious???? I am not bleeding heavier than usual, it has just gone on continuously for 13 days. Thanks for any information you may have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi cat my mother is 43 and have the same problem as you, with the bleeding. the doctors found a tumor in her uterus, so you might want to get that checked out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts